Motorola LCS 2000 for State System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachSmith

I've got a Motorla LCS 2000 and I'm wondering if it would work for most of the states 800 system. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

ZachSmith

So would smartnet type I or II what I would want to look for requirement wise? I found out both the agencies I work for are switching to the 800, and I assume its the Kansas statewide.

ILMRadioMan

Kansas State System is P25. LCS was long before P25.

There are some systems out there that are Smartnet. That is what you want.

However the Kansas State System is not.

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
Your should buy a digital P25 scanner for the KS state TRS system.
Your LCS2000 radio is not compatable with the P25 system in use.

HH

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
So would smartnet type I or II what I would want to look for requirement wise? I found out both the agencies I work for are switching to the 800, and I assume its the Kansas statewide.

You need a newer Astro radio like and XTL mobile series or XTS portable. It will need to be flashed with the proper options to receive the system. Also would need to be properly programmed. Have fun!

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
You need a newer Astro radio like and XTL mobile series or XTS portable. It will need to be flashed with the proper options to receive the system. Also would need to be properly programmed. Have fun!

KDOT is keeping those system keys pretty close to the vest. Good luck getting a radio set up- even just to receive KSICS.

ZachSmith

If I got the system my agencies would give me authorization to have them programmed for the channels I use during work.

Anyone know anything about the following model:
ICOM F2721D

I've found it fairly cheap at a few places and if it would function with this system I'd be willing to pick it up. It's P25 compatible.

dgruver911

To the best of my knowledge the ONLY radios compatible with the state system are the Motorola XTL/XTS series and the Johnson 53SL with the P25 option. They're NOT cheap.

n0lqt

If I got the system my agencies would give me authorization to have them programmed for the channels I use during work.

Anyone know anything about the following model:
ICOM F2721D

I've found it fairly cheap at a few places and if it would function with this system I'd be willing to pick it up. It's P25 compatible.

Unless I'm mistaken, which has happened, but the ICOM 2721 series radios are UHF and UHF(t) band only, 400-512 mhz. KSICS is all 800 mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.