• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

motorola m1225 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
I was given a Motorola Radius M1225. Model #M44DGC90J2AA. Came with mic and mounting bracket and short power/ground leads. I haven't tried to power it up yet to see if it even works yet . I have been searching the web trying to figure out what exactly the radio is in terms of power output ,channels and band etc. The radio was left in an auction vehicle (not law enforcement........if it matters). Just want to see what I have and what can be done with it. Can some one send me in the right direction to find this info? Thanks

W2NJS

Offhand that's a UHF mobile with narrowband capability. It will cover the UHF hamband via the shift key trick. More information at:

M1225/P1225

Also maybe at Repeaterbuilder.com

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
Thanks , thats a start any how . So it looks like the radio could actually have some use to some one . I have zero exp. with these type radios. Maybe I can find a use for it.............

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I was given a Motorola Radius M1225. Model #M44DGC90J2AA. Came with mic and mounting bracket and short power/ground leads. I haven't tried to power it up yet to see if it even works yet . I have been searching the web trying to figure out what exactly the radio is in terms of power output ,channels and band etc. The radio was left in an auction vehicle (not law enforcement........if it matters). Just want to see what I have and what can be done with it. Can some one send me in the right direction to find this info? Thanks

Yup, UHF, 25-40 watts, 20 channels. Not a bad radio at all. I have several of the VHF ones in my inventory and they're quite reliable.

FWIW, if you don't have a use for it, check Ebay for current selling prices especially if it works.

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
It powered up and the backlight and display work. I found 6 channels programmed using my pro96 search. The freqs are all in the 461.xxx to 468.xxx range and tagged for some places near where the radio was given to me (NW PA). I was told that it came out of an old service vehicle from a drilling company. I searched the FCC database on RR and found some of the freqs belong(ed) to a comm company and some belong(ed) to a drilling outfit ,both in the general region. Now have to clean it up and see what I want to do w/it. I would like to find out how to access the keypad controls but will probably need a manual to learn how to do that.

Last edited:

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I would like to find out how to access the keypad controls but will probably need a manual to learn how to do that.

The A B C buttons are programmable for different functions. The only way to know for sure what they do is to read the radio. It may be possible to figure some functions from playing with the buttons, but the CPS codeplug will tell the whole story.

Status
Not open for further replies.