• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola MC Compact Repeater Software problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

leelee328

Firstly. I know requests for programming software are taboo and also illegal and this not a request for software but for help with software which I have. I have a probelm with a programming floppy disk which I`ve had for some years ,genuine Motorola. I`ve tried Motorola but they are not much help and tell me that this is a legacy product which they no longer support
As you may know the Compact uses 2x MC Micro`s / M110`s mobile chassis and the Compact utilises the same software.
When I try to load it it returns with the message (cannot find the file C:/M110.Bat Make sure the file exists on your system and that the path and file name are correct.)
I`m not a computer software bod but it appears that the disk is looking for files on the computer hard drive? Since I bought the disk (floppy) many years ago it`s always loaded diectly from the A drive.It is a DOS programme and I run it on an old 386 powered desk top with serial card.Now I know that in the past I`ve made a back up of the floppy disk and maybe this is the problem , in that its managed to store itself on the hard drive and this is confusing it?
Any help appreciated

a417

U+0000
cannot find the file C:/M110.Bat Make sure the file exists on your system and that the path and file name are correct.)
cd c:
dir

if you don't see M110.bat in that directory listing, it's somewhere else on that computer.

you are literally trying to run a batch file that is in the top level directory of your C: drive. If it's not there, and not correctly located in your PATH directory, DOS can't find it. you can switch to your A: drive and see if it was there, etc.

Installation media (that floppy) can install software to hard drives if instructed. Worst case scenario is you reinstall it from that floppy. What you have presented so far is no indication that you have tried to access it on the floppy, as your error indicated a C:/ pathing.

Imagine this.
It's night time, you're in a dark house without lights. I told you there is a flashlight(.bat) somewhere in a room, and you can't out or go to another room without that flashlight, but you can start in any specific room you specify. Wouldn't you want to know which room that flashlight was in?

i like his answer better....lol...
cd c:
dir

if you don't see M110.bat in that directory listing, it's somewhere else on that computer.

you are literally trying to run a batch file that is in the top level directory of your C: drive. If it's not there, and not correctly located in your PATH directory, DOS can't find it. you can switch to your A: drive and see if it was there, etc.

Installation media (that floppy) can install software to hard drives if instructed. Worst case scenario is you reinstall it from that floppy. What you have presented so far is no indication that you have tried to access it on the floppy, as your error indicated a C:/ pathing
i like his answer better.....lol

leelee328

cd c:
dir

Installation media (that floppy) can install software to hard drives if instructed. Worst case scenario is you reinstall it from that floppy. What you have presented so far is no indication that you have tried to access it on the floppy, as your error indicated a C:/ pathing.

Imagine this.
It's night time, you're in a dark house without lights. I told you there is a flashlight(.bat) somewhere in a room, and you can't out or go to another room without that flashlight, but you can start in any specific room you specify. Wouldn't you want to know which room that flashlight was in?
Thanks for your reply, no I`ve never installed it from floppy disk to hard drive that`s why I`m puzzled with the error message with the C hard drive listed.I`ve examined the files on the floppy but there is no mention of a batch file. All these programmes which were issued by Motorola always run direct from the floppy (A) drive. This old computer ,which i keep soley for these programmes, runs on Win 98 and sees the dos programme on the A drive and opens it automatically in dos.I have other radio software on floppies and they are working fine.

a417

U+0000
Thanks for your reply, no I`ve never installed it from floppy disk to hard drive that`s why I`m puzzled with the error message with the C hard drive listed.I`ve examined the files on the floppy but there is no mention of a batch file. All these programmes which were issued by Motorola always run direct from the floppy (A) drive. This old computer ,which i keep soley for these programmes, runs on Win 98 and sees the dos programme on the A drive and opens it automatically in dos.I have other radio software on floppies and they are working fine.

How are you trying to open these batch files then? Are you clicking a link to a batch file? Something here doesn't match up. If you are accessing the batch file from the A drive in a command prompt instance (or from the DOS shell prompt), there is no way for it to give you a "command not found" on a separate drive unless you the batch command specifically references or calls that batch file on your c:\

can you please post a screenshot (or a cellphone pic of the screen) so I can see what's going on? I have many old computers for running official moto software just like you, and figure it's something quite benign.

leelee328

How are you trying to open these batch files then? Are you clicking a link to a batch file? Something here doesn't match up. If you are accessing the batch file from the A drive in a command prompt instance (or from the DOS shell prompt), there is no way for it to give you a "command not found" on a separate drive unless you the batch command specifically references or calls that batch file on your c:\

can you please post a screenshot (or a cellphone pic of the screen) so I can see what's going on? I have many old computers for running official moto software just like you, and figure it's something quite benign.
Sorry, I should have replied before now, been in hospital.OK now. Many thanks for your reply . I gave up and hunted around and found a back up copy I`d made of the M110 softawre and thats working OK . It`s probably something I`ve done.
Any way, I`ve a new problem which you may be able to help me with? I have a couple of GM 350`S which i need to programme and the softawre is on the 386 computer hard drive,2 versions one I`ve marked old and 1 marked new, which I can`t remember much about .The new version opens up Ok and looks more like a windows page but unforunately it comes back with an error message when I try to read the radio code plug."this software is not compatible with this version of code plug".So, I reverted to the old version and this will not open and comes back with a message "this version of software does not come with an installer".It`s been so long since I used this sofware ,about 15 years, that I can`t remember how to get it loaded/insatalled into DOS. I`m sure it`s simple and i`m sorry if this makes me look a bit silly but I`m now a disabled pensioner in my seventies and i`ve just recently taken up with the radios after a long priod of inaction.Any help on how to get this programme into DOS and running again will me much appreciated.
Regards johnm

Status
Not open for further replies.