• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

motorola mdc-1200

Status
Not open for further replies.

33kracing

i have a question i hope somebody can answer, i got a ht1250 and a cdm1250 which both mute mdc-1200. but a neighboring city also uses trailing mdc which my cdm1250 will mute but my ht1250 will not mute. exact same frequencies, with proper pl tones, proper mdc mute settings (exact, to be exact) but the portable refuses to mute trailing mdc on their frequency. will mute everything else everywhere else but not on this particular city's channel. the mobile will. and without traveling to this city and taking a risk in winding up in the police car, i dont know if their portables mute it or not... my portable used to, but thats speaking in past-tense. anybody have any ideas??? thanks in advance, kent.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
The radio was never designed to mute on MDC tones, what it does is mute the radio when first receiving a transmission expecting the MDC to be there. It's called DOS, and even if a radio doesn't transmit an ID it still mutes the audio. When you change it to Post ID, the radio can't mute it, since the radio doesn't know when the transmissions will end.

33kracing

well i understand where your coming from... but, if its not designed to mute the burst packet at trailing ID then im lost then because it does mute every burst packet pre or post it just doesnt want to with this portable on this particular channel/frequency.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
The radio was never designed to mute on MDC tones, what it does is mute the radio when first receiving a transmission expecting the MDC to be there. It's called DOS, and even if a radio doesn't transmit an ID it still mutes the audio. When you change it to Post ID, the radio can't mute it, since the radio doesn't know when the transmissions will end.

I don't think that is correct.. sounds like you're thinking of Kenwood radios.. Kenwood's have the feature that will mute the audio at the beginning of transmissions regardless- But now with firmware updates, they too have MDC1200 muting. Anyways, the HT1250 should mute it just fine, and it was made to mute the data- after all it is a Motorola radio.. There must be something about that particular channel that is different.. especially if the radio has no problem muting other id's on other frequencies.

33kracing

Yeah im thinking its how their burst packet is sent... it almost sounds like the first part is cut off but it sounds like any other mdc data... like the first .01 is clipped or something at the beginning (if im making sense) and its also funny as my cdm1250 mobile will mute just fine. Unless there's static right as the mdc is sent... then it'll miss it. And my portable will decode the mdc ID everytime if I dint mention. Its just really strange I thought haha

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
I understand what you are saying, our agency had a problem with the MDC DOS cutting off the receiving of the first 1/2 second of a transmission from another radio that was set to Post ID only (all our radios are set this way). I lowered the DOS time to zero (mute time) and the problem went away. Now these are up to date firmware HT-1250 using carrier squelch receive. If the radio is made to mute MDC it looks for 1400 and 1800 HZ. If you have a service monitor and an audio generator, you can try those 2 tones and see what happens. You would think that the radio would be ready for the burst at the end of a transmission. I am a loss to explain, or is it possible this agency is using something other than MDC,maybe G-Star?

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Make sure on that channel you have RX signalling set to MDC, but like others have said it wont mute the whole thing, what you should be hearing is a Chirp.

33kracing

Yes its set to mdc on the rx signalling menu... I know all u hear is a chirp, that's wat gets me is it will chirp on everything else not this particular channel. Does a particular pl tone make a difference? The pl tone is 167.9 .the frequency is 453.1000MHz and the agency is kearney, ne police f-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.