• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola Minitor 2 SV

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
what are these settings it monitors on the second and third setting are there any special things these do? i do know what the first one is.

Attachments

• P3030119.jpg
    P3030119.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 2,192
Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Based on the label, that looks like a Director II SV, not a Minitor II SV. It's possible that someone installed a Director II SV label/top onto a Minitor II SV. If you're able to monitor the frequency normally, then that's most likely what someone did. We'll need the NR #'s off the circuit boards to be certain.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
Nrn6702a 306

i can monitor all of the traffic on the frequency

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Ah, so then you do have a Director II SV, not a Minitor II SV.

Director II SV doesn't have a monitor mode. After the pager alerts, the squelch remains wide open and you hear blaring white noise.

- First position "Bell" = Tone Alert mode: The pager is silent until the proper tones are received, at which point it alerts (beeps), the squelch opens to broadcast the message, and the SV module stores the message

- Second position "Crossed out Speaker" = Vibra-Page mode: The pager is silent until the proper tones are received, at which point the SV module stores the message, then the pager vibrates. The squelch does not open in Vibra-Page mode, you must listen to the stored message manually.

There is no third position on a Director II SV. If your control knob rotates past the second position, then someone fiddled with the pager at some point. What they did is anyone's guess.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
i can monitor in the second and third position, there is defiantly a 3rd position, and no vibrate.
can i still change the tone out pattern?
is there any other numbers you want me to give you?
i can get pictures of anything on the pager you want.

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Yes, you can still change the tone set per my instructions in your other thread.

If you are able to monitor in positions 2 and 3, then someone modified the pager to act like a Minitor II SV. I've done it myself with those Director II SV models. If you'd like to post some clear photos of the circuit boards, I can probably tell you a bit more about what was done to it. There are two circuit boards for those pagers, the bigger main "decoder" board, and the smaller "RF" board that's below the speaker. Photos of both sides of both boards would be very helpful. Also, get me the the # off the RF board, it will start with either NRB, NRD or NRE.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
here are some photos.

i was afraid to take the RF board off beacuse some how i screwed up my other pager, and sometimes the audio quits and when you squeeze it or hit it and it will work (not the pager that we are dealing with currently).

ok back to the pager we are dealing with now (minitor 2SV / director 2SV).

Attachments

• P4240176.JPG
    P4240176.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,536
  • P4240178.JPG
    P4240178.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,333
  • P4240182.JPG
    P4240182.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 1,473
  • P4240185.JPG
    P4240185.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 1,471
  • P4240177.JPG
    P4240177.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,362

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
more pictures

Attachments

• P4240179.JPG
    P4240179.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,328
  • P4240184.JPG
    P4240184.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,393
  • P4240188.JPG
    P4240188.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,500

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
NRN6702A 306 = DECODER BOARD, STORED VOICE, SELECTIVE CALL, DIRECTOR II - Manufactured in Feb 1993

NRD7193A 9644 = RECEIVER BOARD, 1-FREQUENCY (148.000 - 160.000) - Manufactured in Nov 1996

NRN7622A = Stored Voice Module - 4 message of 8 seconds each

The pager is currently setup for tone set 2 Option R130 (A-B interrupt, A-C continuous, Long C continuous)

It appears the traces for 3C8 and 3C11 are in fact solder, so you may be able to de-solder them rather than cutting them. Try some solder wick, that should do the trick.

It's also setup for auto-reset, which means after the message has been stored, the pager will automatically go back into quiet standby mode until the next valid page is received. Depending on how the agency you listen to is toned out, this might be a problem. If the carrier drops between the tones and the message, the pager will reset and you won't hear the message, nor will it be stored properly.

It is possible to modify the Director II SV so it acts like a pseudo-Minitor II SV. If you are able to place the function switch in position 2 or 3 and you can monitor all transmissions on the frequency without "white noise" and without having to push the reset/monitor button, then the board was probably modified.

The bottom line is that your results may vary with this pager. If what you are saying about being able to monitor the frequency is accurate, then it was modified and it's a crapshoot as far as how the pager will behave. It's probably not the best idea to rely on this pager as your primary means of alerting, if you're a member of an agency. Good luck with it.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
thank you for all your help.

how can i stop it from auto resting?

where is the vibrator located?

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Open 3C6 and 3D5 to disable auto-reset.

There is no vibrate option on that pager. Either it was removed, or was never installed at the factory.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
thank you you have been much help to me.

so do you do this for a job. beacuse you seem very knowledgeable

lilkunz24

NRN6702A 306 = DECODER BOARD, STORED VOICE, SELECTIVE CALL, DIRECTOR II - Manufactured in Feb 1993

NRD7193A 9644 = RECEIVER BOARD, 1-FREQUENCY (148.000 - 160.000) - Manufactured in Nov 1996

NRN7622A = Stored Voice Module - 4 message of 8 seconds each

The pager is currently setup for tone set 2 Option R130 (A-B interrupt, A-C continuous, Long C continuous)

It appears the traces for 3C8 and 3C11 are in fact solder, so you may be able to de-solder them rather than cutting them. Try some solder wick, that should do the trick.

It's also setup for auto-reset, which means after the message has been stored, the pager will automatically go back into quiet standby mode until the next valid page is received. Depending on how the agency you listen to is toned out, this might be a problem. If the carrier drops between the tones and the message, the pager will reset and you won't hear the message, nor will it be stored properly.

It is possible to modify the Director II SV so it acts like a pseudo-Minitor II SV. If you are able to place the function switch in position 2 or 3 and you can monitor all transmissions on the frequency without "white noise" and without having to push the reset/monitor button, then the board was probably modified.

The bottom line is that your results may vary with this pager. If what you are saying about being able to monitor the frequency is accurate, then it was modified and it's a crapshoot as far as how the pager will behave. It's probably not the best idea to rely on this pager as your primary means of alerting, if you're a member of an agency. Good luck with it.

Does anyone have a list of all the different Minitor II model numbers like up above? I would like to go through my pagers and have better information about them.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.