• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

motorola minitor 2 sv

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
i am modifying the tone out pattern and can not find the JU3C3 jumper spot.
i have the sv version of the motorola minitor 2.

i am using this web sight
Minitor I/II/III/IV

thank you

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Correction to my previous post. BatLabs does indeed list the correct jumpers for the II SV models on that page. I don't know how you could miss it, it's plain as day between 1/4 and 1/2 way down the page, along with a link to a diagram of the jumper locations on the circuit board.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
thank you is there any other way than cutting the traces on the circuit board for 3C8 and 3C11?

sorry about that i do want set 8

do i use both of these chunks or just one?

3C1 - OUT
3C2 - OUT
3C4 - IN
3C5 - OUT

3C8 - OUT
3C9 - IN
3C10 - IN
3C11 - OUT

thank you

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
For Set 8, the traces for 3C8 and 3C11 must be cut, per my post in the other thread.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
do i use both of these chunks or just one?

3C1 - OUT
3C2 - OUT
3C4 - IN
3C5 - OUT

3C8 - OUT
3C9 - IN
3C10 - IN
3C11 - OUT

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
i can monitor in the second and third position, there is defiantly a 3rd position, and no vibrate when i opened the case i looked.

can i still change the tone out pattern?

is there any other numbers you want me to give you?

i can get pictures of anything on the pager you want.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
For Set 8, the traces for 3C8 and 3C11 must be cut

Should i cut 3C8 at A, or B

Should i cut 3C11 A, B, or C

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 691

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
None of the above.

The traces are the very thin lines of solder. Before you cut anything, you should try removing them with a soldering iron and some solder wick, they should come right up.

Red - 3C8
Blue - 3C9
Green - 3C10
Yellow - 3C11

Last edited:

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
thank you. is there any way to so set up the pager so that on position 3 the pager will not alert?

good thing i can solder well.

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Close 3A4 to disable Position 3 alerting.

3A4 is not labeled on the board because the Director II SV was never supposed to have a Position 3. See attached photo for the location.

Last edited:

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
thank you so much. what kind of camera setup do you have there?

Status
Not open for further replies.