• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

motorola minitor 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
can i use a 346.7hz tone reed for a tone that is 349.0hz?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
That should work fine assuming the console is transmitting a good, clean 349.0 Hz tone and the pager has good reception of the signal. Usually a +/- of 1% is within tolerance, although the tolerance decreases as the tone frequency decreases. The only way you'll know for certain if it works reliably with your pager on your radio system is to try it.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
thank you. and what are the SV settings of these pagers. how long, how many, and how do i reset the SV. thank you for your help.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
There are three stored voice modules for the Minitor II SV. You'll have to check to see which you have.

NRN7620A - 1 message, 32 seconds long
NRN7621A - 2 messages, 16 seconds long each
NRN7622A - 4 messages, 8 seconds long each

pafd152

Premium Subscriber
Does my min 2 have to be on the "bell" channel to store after the tone is dropped?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Not necessarily, no. It should store the message any time the pager alerts. Generally speaking, it should alert on the Bell and 1 positions at the very least.

pafd152

Premium Subscriber
alright, and also... I took the tone filters out of my nonsv pager and put them in this one.. Will it work properly?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Yup, the tone filters are the same for all the II series pagers. Just make sure you put them back in the proper order. With the pager laying flat on the speaker, with the control knobs facing to your right, from top to bottom it's A, B and C (C being the one closest to the speaker).

pafd152

Premium Subscriber
i have one more question, in the sv one i put them in it only had 2 tone filters in it. I am putting 3 in this one and read something about jumpers. could you tell me in a nutshell about that or if i need to do anything?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It totally depends on how your dept is paged out. I'd need more info on the tones to figure that out. Is it two sets of tones with a common first tone (A-B, A-C)? Is it a two tone set with a long tone that's not common to the other tones (A-B, Long C)? Is it a two tone set with a long tone that's common to the second tone (A-B, Long B)?

pafd152

Premium Subscriber
And by that you mean? Sorry i'm new with all of this. I put the filters in tonight and it didn't tone out and store like it should. Any suggestions?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
You can expect up to 2% tone tolerance on Minitor I/II, 5% on synthesized 3,4,5.

FYI the original thread question you're replying to is a year old. :wink:

And by that you mean? Sorry i'm new with all of this. I put the filters in tonight and it didn't tone out and store like it should. Any suggestions?

Disregard Jtsou's post, it was not directed at you.

I think you would be better off getting help locally from one of the brothers who is familiar with the Minitor II, they can make sure you have the correct tone filters in the correct spots and that the pager is setup properly. There are a lot of threads about the jumpers on these pagers, do a search in this section for "minitor jumper". You can also search BatBoard for info.

Batboard • Login

Status
Not open for further replies.