• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola Minitor Pagers, Which Do You Prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
The five is the only narrowband capable model.

United Communications is doing a retro fit on twos, at the audio level.

dixie729

Premium Subscriber
The five is the only narrowband capable model.

United Communications is doing a retro fit on twos, at the audio level.

The 2, 3, and 4 won't alert. You will receive the conversation but no bells.

Kevin Absher - HTC Inspire 4G

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber

If they are properly modified, tuned, and tested on the bench, they should alert just fine.

I've got an unmodified II here that still alerts properly on every call, so I suspect many of the ii's, iii'x, and iv's will alert unmodified as well.

Our county narrowbanded the repeaters nearly two weeks before notifying us that they were done and that we could narrowband our gear. The only way we could tell was if they used the wrong tower and then everything sounded like crap anyway even on monitor.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
While I love the features of my Minitor V; you just can't beat the receiver in the Minitor II...

wkredick

While I love the features of my Minitor V; you just can't beat the receiver in the Minitor II...

Nothing as reliable and accurate as crystals! :)
Our Junior FD program carries Minitor IV that were optimized for 12.5 narrowband.They work fine.Tweaked the audio ( maxed it out). I love that agencies were giving away their M3/M4,more spares for me.

SFD790

Awesome! I still use a Minitor IV, it still alerts, it hasnt been "Rebanded" or altered in any way, and it picks up stuff most of the time before my radio goes off! I love it.

SFD790

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yeah, the guy who's bunk is next to mine, he received a "Phantom Call" at 3:30 am, Woke everyone up, only to never hear any Dispatcher.....

firefighter88-37

Premium Subscriber
Love my Minitor IV. had a min 2, and it was loud witch was great........... until i got my 4. never wanna give it up!

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Had to go with the V just because of all the extra features and things that can be done on them that you couldn't do with the II. But if I could get all the stuff that works on the V into a II I'd love that. Hard to beat those II's with the amplified chargers.

WX9EMS

Kevin Absher - HTC Inspire 4G

I have both a III and a IV (III on UHF and IV on VHF) and both alert just fine here in S.E. WI. I can't say I have noticed any changes since we went NB but they do still alert and they are untouched in the last several years that I have owned them.

Status
Not open for further replies.