• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola Minitor V programming questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFDHoward

I need these questions answered because I belong to two departments and walk around with two one channel motorola minitor V's and its getting annoying.

Heres my plan: Use engineer mode to turn one of my minitor of V's into a two channel.

I just need to know this!:

-Does the "read pager" part of the pager programming software show all the information I need to write down to transfer to whats gonna be my two channel pager?

-When I hook up my pager into the programmer and cradle none of the preprogrammed information (tones/freqs) will be wiped right?

-What do you think the best setup for my ABCD switches would be since I belong to two departments. I was thinking of having a non-priority scan because I want to respond to both departments if tones go out. Any suggestions?

To the experts out there....I thank you if you can help.

WX9EMS

You do not have to worry about wiping anything out, all it does is read the codeplug, nothing more. When you read the pager, it will show all of the current data in the of the pager that was last read. I would recommend when you read the pagers, back those files up before you do anything! It'll save you some explaining later on if things go south. So that way if something gets screwed up, you can go back to that configuration.

As far as what to do with your ABCD selector, I can't really help there...I have not done any programming of any Minitor V's, but I imagine they aren't much different than a III or IV. What you want can be done though. My old Minitor III has our dept freq in ch 1, and MABAS on ch 2. With A being ch 1 audible alert, B Ch 1 vibe, C ch2 audible alert, D Scan with audible alert...I think was the configuration.

Hope this is some help.

MFDHoward

Really appreciate the reply thank you! Really helpful and expect a reply in acouple days of how things go.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If both of your departments use the same frequency it is easier. You can use the ON/OFF DUTY function so that you can hear just one department when A (or B, or C or D) is selected, owing to how you set them up.

If both of your departments are on different frequencies, then you'll need to use the "Silent Scan" feature. The Minitor bounces back and forth between the two frequencies, just like a scanner. When the correct tones are received, the pager alerts.

Our department has folks in similar situations. They are full timers here and volunteers elsewhere but can use the same pager (we're all on the same dispatch frequency). It works fairly well.

MFDHoward

The two departments on are on different frequencies. However! My first department's pager has like 5 departments on one freq....the second department I believe has fire ground and dispatch freq ....not too sure Ill look into it. I just want to have a scan and alert when ever one of my two departments sends out a tone. Then a vibe alert....maybe if possible C be FD1 Alert and D on FD2 Alert....not sure....

Status
Not open for further replies.