• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola P110 / GP300 battery voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielRO

Hello Moto users!

I know P110 and GP300 are very old radios now, but I still like them a lot due to their simplicity and ruggedness…

I am interested in making my own battery cases from used batteries by opening up the case, keep the flexible circuit and 3D print a support for 6AA batteries. Like this, I can deposit these cases without the worry of destroying the batteries, I can use fresh NiMh batteries, and I can even recharge them with the original Motorola chargers…

I have an issue though: although I am using high capacity NiMh batteries, GP300 and P100 radios set on high power Tx will start very fast to show low battery signalling (blinking red led and the chirp at the end of Tx). I mean much faster after charging compared to original NiCd batteries, although the total stand-by time is obviously longer with the new high capacity batteries…
I am using the original wiring inside the battery so I cannot figure it out what am I doing wrong, except that the voltage of the batteries drops too fast now although they are able to maintain the high current drainage (around 1.5A) and thus the radio does not shut down? And by the way, original Motorola batteries are labelled with 7.5V and not 7.2V….
I have thus bought some Varta 800mAh NiCd batteries, with lower internal resistance, the same result!!!

By any chance did anybody faced this problem before? Any solutions please (except maybe trying to change the battery threshold value for low battery warning)?
Thanks so much and all the best from Romania,

Daniel

PS: I have modified a battery for Vertex VX-400 radio (kept the connections, and added springs for inserting 6AA batteries), and there it worked like a charm!

Status
Not open for further replies.