• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola PM 400

Status
Not open for further replies.

knottkd

I just recieved my new PM 400 from work and i installed it in my F-150. When the mic is on the hanger it has all audio. When I take the mic off i loose all audio?? I am not a radio prof.. is this a install problem or programming issue?? please help.

code3cowboy

Do any other noticeable changes occur when you "loose all audio"? Does the radio scan/stop scanning? Do you still have control tones (beeps for button presses)? Is your mic clip grounded? Do you have an option board?

davidgcet

Premium Subscriber
yeah, explain the lose all audio a little better. programming would not cause everythign to stop upon coming off hook.

fineshot1

I just recieved my new PM 400 from work and i installed it in my F-150. When the mic is on the hanger it has all audio. When I take the mic off i loose all audio?? I am not a radio prof.. is this a install problem or programming issue?? please help.

Yes - it could be a programing issue - did you program the radio?

If so uncheck the "HUB defeats PL" box in the "conventional configuration" tab.

I am going by MCS2000 cps software so I am not 100% certain you will find it
under the conventional tab but you should find it somewhere, you may have to
look around to find it.

knottkd

Do any other noticeable changes occur when you "loose all audio"? Does the radio scan/stop scanning? Do you still have control tones (beeps for button presses)? Is your mic clip grounded? Do you have an option board?

Yes i loose all audio. The button tones stop working when the mic is off the hook. I placed a paperclip on the mic hanger and when that is in place my audio is fine. Im wondering if this is a mic problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.