• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTL/XTS5000 Motorola PMLN5792 Bluetooth Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolman60

Hello,

Anyone have any technical knowledge of these devices. I am curious if they have been proprietorially coded

to only work with the Moto BT devices.

Or are they able to work with any BT device that is same version? And what version of BT does the 4792 use.Looking at maybe getting one to play with a little but would like to try it on headset.

lb2910

I'm actually dealing with this very issue. So I called and spoke to a very helpful Motorola sales/tech person about this. As he put it, the BT dongle will only pair with the "Mission/Operations Critical Wireless Earpiece" Model number is: NNTN8125 "as he knows it." The guy put me on hold for a bit to confirm with another tech that seemed to agree. I think it has to do with the fact that there is a level of BT encryption preloaded onto each part that makes it only pair with a Motorola device. As I explained it to him, I wanted to pair a motorcycle BT headset with my XTS5000. Keep in mind that there is a 3rd party BT dongle I listed below that might work. Its called the PRYME BLU Bluetooth Dongle Model BT-523. I read some mixed reviews on the performance of this item so I'm still on the fence about ordering it to pair with my motorcycle headset. It had to do with sound quality and range of connectivity. If anyone else has used the Motorola brand BT dongle and had success pairing with a non-Motorola BT item, I'd be interested to hear the results. Hope this helps.

1582377337147.png

lb2910

I did a little more digging and apparently the Moto brand dongle is also compatible with the Motorola H300 Bluetooth ear piece. Kinda gives me pause that the Moto brand dongle might work with other headsets since the H300 is a consumer ear piece for cell phones.

ccsochp11

Premium Subscriber
The Motorola Bluetooth won’t work with aftermarket Bluetooth earpieces. But I own the pryme Bluetooth adapter and love it. I use it for my car. No sense in having a mobile when I can have my xt2500 Bluetooth hooked up to my Amfm stereo. Sounds great. There isn’t a great distance on it that’s true but I never plan on having the radio very far from the audio source

lb2910

Thanks for the review on the PRYME BLU... So how good is the sound quality at a close distance? Clear? A little static?
The set up I want to use is My XTS5000 would have the dongle on it and I would pair it with my Motorcycle Bluetooth headset which is a Cardo Freedom 2. I would put the radio in a spot where I can easily access the PTT. The idea is that I could be listening to some tunes or whatever, but when say the wife who is riding with my kids in our car behind me wants to let me know something, she can key up on the other XTS5000 and let me know whatever. And yes.. I know.. why not just use the cell phone.. Well.. what fun would that be??? :cool::p

Here is more or less how the helmet looks with the BT set up...

View attachment 80844

lb2910

Thanks for the review on the PRYME BLU... So how good is the sound quality at a close distance? Clear? A little static?
The set up I want to use is My XTS5000 would have the dongle on it and I would pair it with my Motorcycle Bluetooth headset which is a Cardo Freedom 2. I would put the radio in a spot where I can easily access the PTT. The idea is that I could be listening to some tunes or whatever, but when say the wife who is riding with my kids in our car behind me wants to let me know something, she can key up on the other XTS5000 and let me know whatever. And yes.. I know.. why not just use the cell phone.. Well.. what fun would that be??? :cool::p

Here is more or less how the helmet looks with the BT set up...

1582457481670.png

Last edited:

ccsochp11

Premium Subscriber
It’s really good. Now of course you have to pre adjust the volume on the radio so that the volume on the Bluetooth doesn’t sound too muffled. But not really a big deal. What you are you doing it for will work perfectly. My buddy actually uses the same set up that you’re going to use on his bike so yeah. I think you’re going to like it. I hope that helped.

lb2910

It’s really good. Now of course you have to pre adjust the volume on the radio so that the volume on the Bluetooth doesn’t sound too muffled. But not really a big deal. What you are you doing it for will work perfectly. My buddy actually uses the same set up that you’re going to use on his bike so yeah. I think you’re going to like it. I hope that helped.

That helps a lot!!!! I think I'll buying me one today!!! Appreciate the review on the device and help.. Stay safe!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.