• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola Portable

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb2rxf

Just wondering if there is anyone in new york city, who can program my radio MTX838 VHF & MTS2000 UHF, I went to a local shop but they didn't have to software, only for the JT1000 & HT1000, I'm definitely going to pick up a HT1000, For amateur radio, but also GMRS, If you can do it give me a price. I've become a collector or vintage motorola portables. Also if anyone knows of a site that sells them at reasonable prices, for 30+ year old radios, I'd appreciate that to. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

wb1ccp

Premium Subscriber
Both of those models were originally programmed with a MS-DOS based software called MTSX. The MTS2000 was later moved to a Windows CPS which only programmed that model; the MT 2000, MTX series and so on remained with the DOS version. Neither of these programs run reliably on the latest computers. You might need to go outside the City and look for a shop that has been out there for a long time. They may have an old PC stashed away with the "legacy" programmers on it to support some of the smaller towns with a smaller budget that may still be using the older radios.

wb2rxf

Alrighty

I called a friend that has the DOS software but no 386 or 486sx computer, he knows the programmer I went to personally, so we're gonna work something out. But just in case, I'm staying open for more comments. I just don't want to pay almost 160$ or more on ebay for a windows 95 or plain DOS, their prices are ridiculous.
Thank you for chiming in.

yaknamedjak

Premium Subscriber
Pretty sure I can do the MTS2000, and certainly the HT1000. These days mostly in NJ but often in the city. Shoot me a message.

Status
Not open for further replies.