• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola Product

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnt133

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys,
I was wondering the name of a device that I believe is motorola...it is used if you have multiple radios and one mic. It has a couple buttons and you press them to select which radio to talk on. If anyone could help me out that would be great!

kb4mdz

Could be a number of things; and if it's what I'm thinking, several manufacturers make various versions of it.

Hold on to your hat; I am about to flood your brain.

One I could think of is a multi-line remote control;

See:
Telex Analog Consoles

The C1616 will handle up to 6 radios, and if you really go balls to the wall, each radio can have more than one channel in it, selected by buttons for each individual line.

The C2000 will just handle one radio, but if it is configured properly (note 'balls to the wall' above) it can do more than one channel in that radio.

The C2002 does two radios.

Also: CPI Communications makes TR-ML; Tone Remote, Multi-line; up to 4 lines, or radios, and possible (again) to have more than one channel per radio.

Next up could be a 'Console';
A simple version is:
[url=http://gai-tronics.com/radiodispatch/consoles/commandplus.htm]CommandPLUS - Desktop Console
, 4, 8 or 12 channels.
(kinda equivalent to the C1616, eh?)
Or, displayed on a PC Screen:
ICP9000 Series - Navigator PC-Based Console

Zetron (www.zetron.com) has similar:
Model 284 Multi-Line Tone Remote

Or a bigger console:
Model 4010 desktop console, or a full blown system, Model 4000.

And of course, Motorola has several levels of product from simple desk remotes, up to Centracom Consoles.

Confused yet?

MPFD535

I never saw or installed a motorola one. I have done many firecom ones and they are great! If you dont have any luck finding a motorola one take a look at the firecom

jruta

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about- we have them in our Medic units (I am also in Northern NJ) I think we have four radios? And that "switbox" is used to control to one Mic. Unfortunately I don't know what its called, but it is indeed a Motorola device. I will speak to our radio people monday- unless another member can recall the name of it.

bnt133

Premium Subscriber
what im thinking of is not for dispatching...it goes in the center console of a vehicle and it switches which mobile radio you speak on so you can reduce the amount of mics on the console

QUOTE=kb4mdz;1695204]Could be a number of things; and if it's what I'm thinking, several manufacturers make various versions of it.

Hold on to your hat; I am about to flood your brain.

One I could think of is a multi-line remote control;

See:
Telex Analog Consoles

The C1616 will handle up to 6 radios, and if you really go balls to the wall, each radio can have more than one channel in it, selected by buttons for each individual line.

The C2000 will just handle one radio, but if it is configured properly (note 'balls to the wall' above) it can do more than one channel in that radio.

The C2002 does two radios.

Also: CPI Communications makes TR-ML; Tone Remote, Multi-line; up to 4 lines, or radios, and possible (again) to have more than one channel per radio.

Next up could be a 'Console';
A simple version is:
[url=http://gai-tronics.com/radiodispatch/consoles/commandplus.htm]CommandPLUS - Desktop Console
, 4, 8 or 12 channels.
(kinda equivalent to the C1616, eh?)
Or, displayed on a PC Screen:
ICP9000 Series - Navigator PC-Based Console

Zetron (www.zetron.com) has similar:
Model 284 Multi-Line Tone Remote

Or a bigger console:
Model 4010 desktop console, or a full blown system, Model 4000.

And of course, Motorola has several levels of product from simple desk remotes, up to Centracom Consoles.

Confused yet?[/QUOTE]

jruta

Lol no problem. We have probably worked together at some point. Lol.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
Neat product, but at $1000.00 I am sure it could be built for a lot less, as in the mid 70's we at Motorola had to build our own for 13 radios (that was a lot of Micors and Mocom 70's) for Summit Hospital's Paramedic fly car.(a 1976 Ford Country Squire Wagon) I wish I could find the old pictures I had of it, and talk about interoperability.LOL
Off topic but neat info for those that are interested, Summit Hospital was one of the first and foremost hospitals in bringing Paramedics to New Jersey after all the nonsense that the nurses union created to try and stop them statewide. Another pioneer hospital at that time was Jersey City Medical Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.