Motorola Quantar T5365A Ham Mod Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

KQ4BX

Premium Subscriber
I have a Quantar VHF system that has a power amplifier of 125 watts. The spec on the amp says that it is operational from 150 to 174 MHZ Does anyone know of a mod to put this system in the Ham band?
Lots of these are in ham band use, but I didn't find any data on modifying one that is so far out of the band. I would think that lowering the frequency would be a lot easier than raising it.

In any case, if you know of a URl besides repeater builder, I would like to see it.

Thanks to all who reply.

Joe KQ4BX

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Have you tried to put it on the ham band?

Mine is on 147.285/147.885 and I had another Range 2 on 146.790/146.190.

Another URL to try is p25.ca.

Lots of Quantar owners there.

KQ4BX

Premium Subscriber
So, are you saying that it is possible to program the Quantar that usually operates no lower than 150 MhZ, down to 146 MHZ. Does it require any hardware modification, or is it strictly done in software/firware programming?
I don't have acess to any software to do those types of changes. I searched for something that might be open source, but no joy there.
I would like to get the scoop on what you did to get the Quantar programmed to operate at those lower ham frequencies. Also, can you tell me what the model of your Quantar systems are? Mine is a T5365A. I pulled the receiver, and power amp to see what I could tell. The power amp was the only part number that did me any good. The receiver had almost zero helpful information on it. It actually has two receivers in it. Thanks for any info you can direct my way. Joe Jensen beach, FL

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
The Range 2 amp that you describe will do 146 and 147 MHz without any issues at all. The receiver is another story though and in order to get the correct RX sensitivity and rejection a change of the pre-selector is required.

Just ignore the CPS errors that you get when programming as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.