• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola Radio Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

abross

Hey. I was wondering if anybody here knows of a place I can ship my radio to to get programmed. It's a Motorola Syntor X9000. I just can't find any place that does it.

Tommahawk

Where do you live?? I do know a radio tech that can probably do it for you. Of course you would need to provide a list of frequencies and what type of control head it has....... It makes a difference....

fineshot1

You may want to start by telling us what area you are located in so if anyone knows of a local shop that will do it they can steer you in the right direction. Those are heavy units so the shipping to/from you will not be cheap.

EDIT: You will need to provide the model numbers of the main unit and the control head.

awall

The motorola Syntor uses a programable module that can only be programmed one time. To reprogram the Syntor you will need to purchase a code plug then have it programmed and install it in your radio. I have the programming box but I do not have anymore of the code plugs. They are quite hard to find.

abross

I am located in Burlington County, NJ. And awall, as for your comment, you really should read everything before you reply. I said it's a Syntor X9000. Any other Syntor can only be reprogrammed once, but the X9000 can.

fineshot1

abross said:
I am located in Burlington County, NJ. And awall, as for your comment, you really should read everything before you reply. I said it's a Syntor X9000. Any other Syntor can only be reprogrammed once, but the X9000 can.

I'm not sure what else is close to you but you might want to try AR Communications in Eatontown. Its close enough for you to drive to. But of course it would be wise to call them first to see if they still have the programing capability. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.