• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola Radius CP200

Status
Not open for further replies.

SD70MAC

Cp200

[I was wondering if I can just use the scan feature in stead of programming just the one freq. I need but still have the radio be activated by the stations tones?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. It will activate in Quick call while the radio is in scan mode. I have weather alert programmed in some of the CP200's. They will scan the other 15 channels and will only activate when a weather alert is done by NWS. If you have more than one channel that has paging tones on them ,your station's dispach channel must be priority. If you want this channel to be silent at night so it will be like a pager it has to be set to AND instead of OR. This type of setup will not let you monitor this channel in scan though. I hope this helps.

Its hard to explain. I'm looking for a VHF 16 CH model. The Dispatch freq. is 155.9MHZ. I have the two tone freq. that is sent on the above freq. What im wondering is...If I buy the radio and dont change/program anything and since 155.9 is in the range of the VHF model then would I be able to hear the transmissions while its scanning? What I need it to do is act like a pager like you talked about above. So, if I wanted it to act as a pager then I have to have one of the 16 channels programmed to 155.9000MHZ and set that channel, lets say CH 1, to priority and then when the radio listens for the stations tones and the radio will then be activated by Quick Call, like a Moto Pager Monitor II would? Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks,
Kenny

N1GTL

Database Admin
If you have two channels in the radio, you can assign Quick Call to one of the channels. The other channel(s) will function normally and open when a signal is received. The channel with QC assigned will only open when the tones are received. There are a lot of other factors though. If there is a transmission on channel one and your tones are sent on channel two, you may miss them.

SD70MAC

Scan

You should be able to do this with 1 channel programmed if it is the priority channel. I have my radio(HT1250) set with the station tone(voice page tone out)in Quick call and it will alert 90% of the time in scan. I am sure the CP200 will do this also but niether radio will do 100% of the time in scan. I have nite channel set up that only goes off when the station is toned out. Most deptments I have delt with are not happy with the performance in scan mode but 90% is as good as it gets.

andicruz

cp200 radius

voila bonjours j'ais 5 CP200 RADIUS mais je n'ais pas de logiciel de programmations quoi faire ?

i have 5 CP200 RADIUS , but i have not logiciel for programmation helpe me ? dank you !

Status
Not open for further replies.