• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola Radius No PTT or Low PTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
I have looked around on the net for anyone who might have this problem and cant really find anything. I have a 32 ch UHF Moto Radius. When you key up the TX light is dim or doesnt come on at all. I test the mic on another radio and works great. So my question is, is there anything i can do to determine whats wrong on mine, keeping in mind i am not a radio expert by anymeans. If i can see pic or video and read i can usually do whatever needs done. lol. I have a old low band radius ( 39 mhz i think) i have for a parts radio. is there anything i can just switch out and make my 32ch work again.

Thanks

Matt

DPapay

Do you have a Moto dealer near you? You could bring the mobile with you, and ask them if you could try the mic on that radio, prior to actual purchase.

llu727

If you have another maxtrac, simply take and swap the front panel. It doesnt have to be the same type to troubleshoot your problem. 2 Torx screws in the front and 2 plugs inside. If that works, then the problem is in the control head. I am assuming the the radio does transmit OK, just that the PTT light isnt coming on. If the radio doesnt transmit, you most likely have a logic board problem.
Good luck

petnrdx

Did the radio in question ever work for you?
If it is a radio you just got, then the VCO steering line voltage may be wrong. (Meaning it was tuned for a different part of the band.)
If if did work for you, could be poor contact of the pins going between the logic board and the RF board.
OFTEN completely dismantling the Radius/Maxtrac/GM300 model radios, and cleaning the pins and other connections will fix it.
The above suggestion of substituting a different front panel is a good idea also, probably a good place to start.

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
yes the radio did work, it just went all of a sudden, i can read and write to the radio with no problems, tried a different mic and still no tx.

Status
Not open for further replies.