• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola RM help

pdtek

Just started using RM at work with no training. We are in the process of deploying radios as I stated in an earlier post. I am looking for help on possibly using the Grid to file feature when modifying fields in the radio tab. We created different groups under radios and today tried using the grid to file and modifying the radio serial numbers and radio id's via copy and paste from our inventory excel spreadsheet. We then did a file to grid and it accepted the modified information but did not put it into the currently selected group. It put the radios into the "All" radios group with the mods. I ran out of time to look for a group column (csv) but maybe that could be the cure to change it to the target group. Just getting started this has been very time consuming. Any input on a more efficient process would be greatly appreciated as we have over a thousand more to go.

Firebuff880

You can assign Groups in at least two ways -- But first right click in the labels at the top at the top of the Grid and make sure the Group column is checked / showing.

Then you can Highlight rows, Shift (or Ctrl) to mark multiple rows depending on rather the rows are continuous or not. Then Right click the mouse and "Select Group" to assign a group to radio(s) / rows..

Alternatively, yes, if you have the Serial Number and Group Colum in the CSV you import, it will assign those and even add a Group that does not yet exist (So be careful about about camel case in your names). Of course using a Worksheet is the easiest way to get Serial numbers into the database when you receive a bunch of radios at one time.

To get started with a Worksheet / CSV select a Radio and export from grid to file .

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
MOTOTRBO or APX RM? Whose idea was it to start deploying radios in RM with no training? Is you organization pushing ahead without a local shop? If you are using a local shop, do they know RM well? Are you guys doing OTAP or wifi programming? I am asking this from the perspective of dozens of Capacity Max systems with well over 100,000 subscribers on RM across those systems. TT

pdtek

Mototurbo. Higher ups decision on no training but our shop is feeling the pain. Local shop gave us some input. Wifi is main method but OTAP capable. Yes, I have seen how slow OTAP is. Thanks to FB880 and you for the input.

pdtek

Mototurbo. Higher ups decision on no training but our shop is feeling the pain. Local shop gave us some input. Wifi is main method but OTAP capable. Yes, I have seen how slow OTAP is. Thanks to FB880 and you for the input.
We did get the grid to file and file to grid working. The configuration comparison feature is pretty slick too.......

Firebuff880

By the way with the latest build of RM 2.134.77.0 , you can now export / import the Contact list as well. Makes getting a preset group of IDs populated much easier -- As well as reconciling your Radio alias (Talker Alias) assignments from the radio grid, with the Contacts list if you are using fixed contacts.