Motorola Smartzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybob123

I see postings that the SNACC will become a Smartzone system soon, or has it already changed ? how will it affect scanning if any ? Does anyone have any info ? I would apreciated.

Billybob

TOUGHLIFE

The plan calls for it to become a Smartzone system in the "near future". Keep in mind it is a government project and many of them fall behind schedule. There are many sites for this system but most of them are not even turned on. As for the effect on monitoring, units that are using a given talkgroup at a given time will only be heard on repeater sites where one of their units is active. In other words there will be no simulcasting of all transmissions on the system among the primary sites as there is now. So if your location is far away from a system site active with the given talkgroup you will probably not hear it unless you have programmed all the control channels for all the sites used within the greater Las Vegas valley. This assumes that you can hear all the sites from your location.
We shall just sit and wait. Personally, I ilke the simulcast system we have now.

TOUGHLIFE

Clark Co TRS (SNACC)

If you want to see a complete listing of all their sites and frequencies for each take a look at the Southern Nevada Scanner Book 5th Edition. It lists all of them so I decided some time ago to program all the sites into one radio. From time to time I listen to them to see if any more are active. It is an easy way to stay on top of the situation. As I said before I hope they stay with simulcast on the major sites for some time to come. Happy listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.