• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola Software For Sale On eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Yeah its been going on a while every now and then they get pulled but then they show up about 2 days later. As stated above moto doesn't seem to care anymore. Maybe they can't afford the legal team they once had.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Nasby

New management at Motorola that doesn't care about this anymore. They are focused elsewhere.

Great for the consumer!!

If they truly cared about people resorting to buying the software other than Motorola. Maybe the process in allowing non agency people like hams, be able to purchase it through them without jumping through the tons of hoops they require. I wanted to go the official route, but they made it virtually impossible for me to buy it. I was left with no choice but to go through other methods.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
If they truly cared about people resorting to buying the software other than Motorola.

MSI doesn't cater to end users. It's not just the overly difficult software licensing process, they also revamped aftermarket parts and accessories sales to put many smaller independent shops out of the loop.

They are evolving into a "solutions" company that outsources everything and focus on large contract sales.

They could give 2 turds less about ham radios operators and enthusiasts needs.

SCPD

QRT
But but it is "OEM" sealed in professional wrap and the label is not a sticker and it is tested before shipping! So it must be real!

Them pages do make me laugh sometimes as much as its a slap in face.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
If they truly cared about people resorting to buying the software other than Motorola. Maybe the process in allowing non agency people like hams, be able to purchase it through them without jumping through the tons of hoops they require. I wanted to go the official route, but they made it virtually impossible for me to buy it. I was left with no choice but to go through other methods.
I have never had problems ordering anything from Motorola via the 800 number or MOL. As long as you have the money and provide a little information you shouldn't have any issue. What was the issue you had that they wouldn't sell you software?

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I have never had problems ordering anything from Motorola via the 800 number or MOL. As long as you have the money and provide a little information you shouldn't have any issue. What was the issue you had that they wouldn't sell you software?

Motorola has changed all of their operating and sales procedures in the last year or so. As previously pointed out, they are moving away from parts and accessories support for the small customer.

If your reported experiences with purchases from MOL are more than a year old, they're history and not how things currently are.

Edit to add: As of now, MOL is not accepting my log-in. Have you tried yours recently?

I attempted to order software to program an xpr dmr radio. Called the number, gave my information etc. They asked me for radio information. I told them that I did not one yet. I needed the software and then I would buy the radio. They said I would need to wait for approval. I waited. I waited.. Called a few times and nothing. So I gave up going the official and said kiss off.

Buying software for a radio shouldn't be that difficult. But it seems that Motorola, Harris etc have an issue with regular Joe's using those tools. I see absolutely no reason why they should have a heart attack on that.

Thinking OpSec or officer safety, I see no reason why this software is highly protected. They must not understand that I or we can easily get software via torrents or by using the dark web. That will cost me a total of zero dollars. Just time to find it. That's it. I'm a person that tries to do things the right way. I unfortunately believe doing things the right and wrong. If these companies don't want my money, no problem, I'll spend the little I have on something else.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber

Not a trap! I know a few people that have gotten almost every software he sells. The CPS works. I don't know HOW he is doing it or where he is getting all this from but it works. I have seen it first hand.

So tell me, is this software on eBay worth getting? I have a Xts5000 VHF I'd like to have software for ;)

As I stated above, I know a few people who have purchased from this guy. For the price he is asking, you cannot go wrong. It works, I have seen it! I already have CPS for the radios I have otherwise I'd get it.

Manny

millrad

Premium Subscriber
Somehow I missed that item on eBay. Thanks for pointing it out - the price isn't bad.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Somehow I missed that item on eBay. Thanks for pointing it out - the price isn't bad.

I'm not one to advocate for purchasing CPS this way, but if it is true that Moto no longer cares about this being done, then go for it. When you consider the price of purchasing directly from Moto and all that is involved in doing that, versus purchasing the same software for under $25 shipped, it becomes a no brainer.

Manny

SCPD

QRT
Yeah its been going on a while every now and then they get pulled but then they show up about 2 days later. As stated above moto doesn't seem to care anymore. Maybe they can't afford the legal team they once had.

I was personally thinking they just dont care much about the old software as much of what I have seen is older XTS style software which we all know is old news... maybe mother moto is thinking the same

Will001

Premium Subscriber
I saw a several copies of the Xts5000 software for sale a few hours ago... I may be in luck! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
Now if the XPR software came with the 25 KHz entitlement key we'd really be in good shape.

She has been selling this software for a while with no issues. I have bought several of the newer turbo and apx versions and it has installed and works flawlessly. For the price difference(I have an account with Motorola) it's a no brainer. Motorolas could care less and have a totally new direction in the market in upcoming years. By 2020 they don't want to be in the business of manufacture of 2 way products, all depot repair, parts availability, support, etc will go away. You ask how could they kick all the customers that have supported them and bought thier products over the years. Simple, Motorola thinks of themselves, are not an end user or tech friendly company. I worked for them for 35+ years. All the public safety and other 2 way will be voip based and Motorola will be in the software, not radio business. Here's a couple of links of where they are going and recent mergers/purchases>

https://www.airwavesolutions.co.uk/...t-services-business-with-airwave-acquisition/

Motorola Solutions buying Kodiak to enhance broadband push-to-talk position | Motorola Solutions content from Urgent Communications

And here's where it all ends up. Remember Motorola controls/steers the market along with some others.

https://www.motorolasolutions.com/e...e-work-group-communications/wave-oncloud.html

Status
Not open for further replies.