Motorola speaker adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmitty0010

Feed Provider
Hey guys, i just ordered a motorola external speaker from ebay. I don't believe it's an amplified one. I read in a previous post that there is an adapter that you can buy at radio shack that fits into the 2 prongs of the audio cable from the speaker and this then fits into a 1/8 jack in the back of ur scanner. Does anybody know where I can find one?

Thanks, Alex

mancow

Database Admin
I used the 1/8 phono style adaptaplug from radio shack. My speaker came from a Motorola Syntor.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I usually buy a standard 3.5 mm, male mono plug and solder the wires directly to it. I always cut off the Motorola two prong connector that comes with the cable. I check to make sure there are no electrical shorts, and then plug it into the back of the radio. Then it should work like a charm, giving you fantastic audio.

Radio Shack has carried the 3.5 mm male plugs in the past, but their current quality leaves a lot to be desired. I would try to find a local electronics supply company that carries these components and purchase a few of them. I have come to firmly believe that it never hurts to have several of them on-hand.

73's

Ron

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
If you find that one of these speakers has a 25-pin serial/parallel-type connector on it instead of the two-pin adapter, save it - it fits in the connector port of the Motorola radios that use this speaker. You might know somebody who might like to have one of them. :)

I have one of these speakers (the model designed to be the MCS2000's companion) and I have every intent of doing as Thunderbolt suggested, to complement the Uniden remote head for my 996 early next year.

mancow

Database Admin
That convertacom powered speaker will run you out of a room at full tilt. They are incredibly loud and clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.