• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola Spectra setup ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emtbls1987

Hello

I have a Motorola Spectra Model T83...., anyways i have a converter box that i use for my Emperior CB Radio that allows me to use it as a Base Station. anyways i have everything setup except three wires on the end of the Control Cable. One is Orange, the Second is Green, then the other two are black. i imagine these are for the speaker. anyways i believe that the Orange is the ignition cable. is their anyway around using this like say for a base station. and then the green cable. i dont know what is is for. please help

emtbls1987

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Everything you ever wanted to know about the Spectra (and a few things you don't) can be located at batlabs.com - including what the green wire is for.

emtbls1987

setup ?

Thank You

Thank all of you for the info. i will besure to not short out the speaker. and the Radio as well. I know specially the radio if you short it out might as well throw it away depending. anyways thank you all

mancow

Database Admin
The radio really isn't that big a deal. It will blow a fuse first. The audio amp is what you have to be careful with.

emtbls1987

?

got another Question.

can i just take two fuses, and run the Orange Ignition Wire to the Power supply, and do the same with the Green so that i dont have to run it to the Fuse box. ?

mancow

Database Admin
Yes, if you want it to act as a basic radio that is not ignition switched then just run the orange and green lines to the same power source as the main power leads. The power will then be controlled entirely by the radio's power switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.