• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola Spectra

Status
Not open for further replies.

emtbls1987

Premium Subscriber
I am wondering is My Motorola Spectra. Model number starting with T83 is digital Capable. i have a Motorola Spectra in My work truck that is Digital. just wondering If its possible to since the county is switching over. too Statewide P25 Digital soo. i know Its transmits 110 watts

n5ims

From what you've given us we know it's a Trunk mount (T in 1st position), 110 W (8 in 2nd position), VHF-Hi radio (3 in 3rd position). You can decode the full thing here when you get more of the model number --> The Spectra

Please note that the old Spectra does not do digital. The newer Astro Spectra may or may not do digital, depending on the options installed in the radio. Based on what you've given us so far, it doesn't sound good for your radio doing digital.

To decode the Astro Spectra model numbers, go here --> Astro Mobiles

emtbls1987

Premium Subscriber
Spectra

this is the Full Model Number T83FWA7HA5AK. Bummer i was hoping that you would be able to just by a Board and put it in to Get it to work. But i think i can get the main radio part. or the Box in a Asto .

Status
Not open for further replies.