• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola SSE5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

4-crime

I'm looking for some help. I picked up a Motorola SSE5000 radio. I was able to program it just fine but for some reason the frequencies I programmed into it come in with static. Which is weird because on all my other radios the recieve audio comes in crystal clear on those same frequencies. Any tips as far as changing some setting in the CPS?

bezking

Assuming that you're actually in legal possession of that radio, it probably just needs to be retuned.

4-crime

As a matter of fact I am in "LEGAL" possession of the radio, as I am all of my radios. I don't know what you mean by that.

bezking

I certainly don't mean to imply anything, but you aren't supposed to be able to just get these if you're not the NYPD...

4-crime

It is not an actual NYPD radio. And it wasn't never issued to them. From what I got from the reputable seller it was a test model.

jruta

I've seen them for sale on "that auction site" as well as want ads on " the forums". Sometimes I'm hesitant to post questions because of responses like that. Sad. It is, after all, a hobby. Isn't it?

bezking

It is not an actual NYPD radio. And it wasn't never issued to them. From what I got from the reputable seller it was a test model.
Yup, there you go. If it was one of the test radios it's almost guaranteed to have bad tuning data. A little bit of time on the bench and it should be good to go...

mancow

Database Admin
Yes he is legal, I sold it to him.

I told him I would take a look at it. However it showed no issues on the freqs I used it with here so I'm not sure whats going on yet.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
I've seen them for sale on "that auction site" as well as want ads on " the forums". Sometimes I'm hesitant to post questions because of responses like that. Sad. It is, after all, a hobby. Isn't it?

Actually there hasnt been any listed on Ebay or on here. The question is legit as they were made for NYPD and there were few test mules avalible. I think Bezking has a legit reason to ask.

KK4ELO

Moto products are a REALLY touchy subject around here. Not trying to be an ***hole, but a username like "4-CRIME" tends to raise flags. Especially when you have a radio such as that.

OK, saw the reply from Mancow after posting my reply. my apologies.

Last edited:

bezking

4-crime, I apologize, I shouldn't have brought it up the way I did. Mancow will get you fixed up I'm sure.

4-crime

It's amazing how you ask one question on this site and things always get twisted as if you are doing something criminal. It's a shame people can't ask a question without it sparking an issue or criticism on this site. As for my username I also have a legit reason for choosing it. Madcow, I will email you later. I am going to hook it up to the tuner and see what the settings look like.

KK4ELO

4-Crime, nothing was meant specifically for you, we have a LOT of people here with radios they shouldnt have,trying to get stuff they shouldnt have on them, if you know what i mean. you may have your reason behind the name you chose, and thats fine with me, just letting you know, the questions you ask on this site about certain things will surely get questions (and criticism) back.

i hope you get the answer your looking for as i have none. hope you enjoy the site.

SCPD

QRT
You are right

It's amazing how you ask one question on this site and things always get twisted as if you are doing something criminal. It's a shame people can't ask a question without it sparking an issue or criticism on this site. As for my username I also have a legit reason for choosing it. Madcow, I will email you later. I am going to hook it up to the tuner and see what the settings look like.

I side with you on this.

Someone will post a question on what's a good repeater antenna, and the next 4 post will be "Are you licensed for the frequency you are going to be putting the repeater on?".

Someone will ask how to modify their ham radio to tx on their "work frequency" and the next 6 post will be "it's illegal, it's immoral, it's forbidden!".

It's like, if you can't help the OP, just don't post.

Status
Not open for further replies.