Motorola Status Bit 436HP

blues222

Does Motorola Status Bit need to be turned on in a favorites list since I monitor a trunked Motorola system? And can someone please tell me what it does? Thank you..

Last edited by a moderator:

freqseeker

Premium Subscriber
Does Motorola Status Bites need to be turned on in a favorites list since I monitor a trunked Motorola system? And can someone please tell me what it does? Thank you..
For the 436 I would set it to ignore so you will hear everything. The early scanners would treat each bit as a different talkgroup. For example talkgroup 3244 is you Police primary talkgroup, if they patch it into another talkgroup it becomes 3247 because a patch is +3. If status bit is set to on it will treat it as different talkgroup, thus you will not hear it. When set to ignore all the different bits are treated as one talkgroup.

blues222

For the 436 I would set it to ignore so you will hear everything. The early scanners would treat each bit as a different talkgroup. For example talkgroup 3244 is you Police primary talkgroup, if they patch it into another talkgroup it becomes 3247 because a patch is +3. If status bit is set to on it will treat it as different talkgroup, thus you will not hear it. When set to ignore all the different bits are treated as one talkgroup.
Thank you sir

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
If a 436 was in id search mode, wouldn't you hear the patch if status bit were set to either on or ignore?

teknishun

Premium Subscriber
Does Motorola Status Bites need to be turned on in a favorites list since I monitor a trunked Motorola system? And can someone please tell me what it does? Thank you..
For most general scanning you can set Motorola status bits to ignore. Ignore is the default. If you really want to know what they are used for you can find a good description of how they work here...........http://new.marksscanners.com/536/436_536.shtml#status_bits