• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola TLB1413C low band help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rfsolutions

I have a Motorola TLB1413C power amp (36-42 mHz) that I'm planing on using for RF SAR work. Can anyone help me with the following questions?
Using a CW signal source, how much power is required to get full power out?
What voltage is the power supply (12 or 24) ?
Are any other bias voltages required to operate the amplifier?

Thanks

kb4mdz

A quick google tells me this is the amp module from a Micor base/repeater. So it should be 12V (OK, 13.8 VDC;) but lots and lots of amperes Like up to 25A. B+ to the red & black leads, but also power control - sense from the amp, and variable DC to control the output power. Right now I can't help you any more; it will require a low-band Micor manual. Which are rather like hen's teeth....

Oh, and the VHF-high amp I believe takes about 200mW of drive; I can't see the Low-band being much different.

Rfsolutions

Thanks for the help. The power terminals are marked as well as input & output. I have a power supply that will work. However the unknown terminals are marked 1,2,3,4 and must be the power control and sense for the amp? If anyone knows which terminals are used for power control and how to apply bias I would appreciate it. If a manual exists for sale (hens teeth) I would be happy to purchase it.

Status
Not open for further replies.