Motorola Tower Bracebridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Good day

I'm having a problem with the BRACEBRIDGE, ONT (MOTOROLA TOWER) Latitude (WGS84) Latitude 45:3:30 I have been searching the spectrum data base. For the last numerous years when I drive by the tower on the highway I'm sure there is a 4 or 8 bay UHF antenna on the tower, memory at a loss at the moment. I just did another search of the site on radio spectrum it shows the same users Bracebridge Fire department, Bracebridge public works and Fowlers construction. No mention of any UHF frequencies could this of been put up years ago as a maybe future event, is it possibly a federal frequency that wouldn't show up? I have sat just out side the gate to the tower for some time with my scanner on CC and never picked up anything but Fowlers and Bracebridge public works. I have all setting set correctly on scanner all bands for CC on that need be.
A mystery any help would be appreciated.
Thank You

mciupa

We have a RCMP O Division Site 4 unidentified with a 421.1375 control channel. Could this be in Bracebridge?

Although, during G8, the wiki said the frequency was: 004 Bracebridge (G8 Temp) 421.37500 (cc)

SCPD

QRT
Thank You
I have actually put both frequencies into the data bank and see if I get any hits overnight? Using two dongles and the DSD+, SDR software.

The tower you are thinking of is located east of Hwy 11 at Taylor Rd. The tower has a 4 bay VHF antenna with a 4 bay UHF antenna on top (correct it is the RCMP). The VHF antenna below it is the Town of Bracebridge nexedge system Point to Point (Motorola) have their system on the Moose FM tower.

SCPD

QRT
Yes 125 that is the tower; I had no hits last night I'm using a dual band Diamond antenna vhf-uhf with 1/2 heliax cable that a technician gave me who was working at a tower. I walked up and was talking with them about radio communications, scanners etc. Told him I was using a piece of household cable TV wire to feed the antenna. He seemed very interested in these dongles and what they could do he said we just took down about a 50 foot run of cable its laying over there it has ends attached if you want it take it. He mentioned all about line loss and was sure this would help with reception as they don't re-use cable. I took it thanked him and he asked about the name of the dongle so I told him the name of mine. I found a walk in company in Toronto that carries all connectors including dongles
A1PARTS.COM any connector configuration possible.
SORRY OFF THE PATH. I'm hearing a very faint signal on 421.1375 but it has to be another RCMP site off in the distance I will keep this one in the data base to see if it comes to life. Telequip Systems Bracebridge LTR standard site is getting more active 3 companies one sanitation, one construction and one ENC. also 173.01000 VCK377 BM CSQ Medley's Medley's Construction added a tone of 123.0 Hz, Fowlers construction still using 167.190 simplex tone 167.9.

Status
Not open for further replies.