Motorola TRBO

jayzdarr74

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone tell me if motorola TRBO is state wide? I have the Mid Atlantic Digital Radio Network programmed in. I just imported all of the data for all of the counties. Shouldn't I hear all of the groups or am I only going to hear the county I'm In. It says "network" so I was wondering if that acts like a linked repeater system in some way?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
On a trunked system, even a DMR system like that, you will only hear calls that are routed to the tower site you are listening to.

Individual radios register with the system. The system recognizes which tower site they are using. The system will only route the radio traffic those radios need to hear to that site.

So, yeah, you will usually only hear local traffic, unless someone from outside the area wanders into range of your local tower site.

jayzdarr74

Premium Subscriber
On a trunked system, even a DMR system like that, you will only hear calls that are routed to the tower site you are listening to.

Individual radios register with the system. The system recognizes which tower site they are using. The system will only route the radio traffic those radios need to hear to that site.

So, yeah, you will usually only hear local traffic, unless someone from outside the area wanders into range of your local tower site.
Thank you very much ! :)