Motorola Trunked Systems on Navy Ships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

I am looking for a list/roster for Navy ships that use Motorola Trunked systems (if one exists). Something like the one for Navy ships using MaCom/EDACS systems. I saw a list/roster for Motorola equipped ships once (can't remember where). I called myself searching for it but I probably haven't looked in the right place.

Steve
KD4LCY
KAF9087

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
If not on MA/Com list, most use Motorola 400 system, though some use EDACS Standard. I live 9 miles (mostly across water) from Norfolk NavBase and rarely hear an unknown EDACS control but do pick up several unknown Motorola 400 control channels. Like those on MA/Com, the signals are very low.

Check the Suffolk County page in Massachusetts for a list of several. I randomly selected USS O'Bannon & USS Ramage, and found the frequencies used are the same but spacing in the custom table is different. Those in Norfolk are similar.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Pitching Deck

Watching hour 7 right now, brings back memories in 1958 and again in 60. We called it controlled crash.

studgeman

Premium Subscriber
I have been watching it too and admiring the nice MRK Bricks.

ecps92

I finally have listened to a 380-400 Mhz Hydra system this past week.
I'm more of a Motorola person, so I was not able to get the LCN Order, but
did find that the system was monitorable with a Conventional Scanner.

I recently submitted the info for the USS Bataan

Try this for some reading
http://www.macom-wireless.com/Channels/volume2iss3/ecr6065_HYDRA Shipboard.pdf

Has anyone submitted their US Navy info to RR , other than me?

If not on MA/Com list, most use Motorola 400 system, though some use EDACS Standard. I live 9 miles (mostly across water) from Norfolk NavBase and rarely hear an unknown EDACS control but do pick up several unknown Motorola 400 control channels. Like those on MA/Com, the signals are very low.

Check the Suffolk County page in Massachusetts for a list of several. I randomly selected USS O'Bannon & USS Ramage, and found the frequencies used are the same but spacing in the custom table is different. Those in Norfolk are similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.