Motorola Type II or Type I

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob1857

Trying to program both 785D and Pro-2051 for Motorola Trunking. I got EDACS down pretty good now, first time with motorola so here goes. Checking Scanner Master and RR database, first both have different info. It looks like RR has more up to date info..some seemed to have changed from Type I to type II. The main question is when I get to fleet maps. Both sources show S4,S4, etc. I'm using scant lite to program both, is S4 the size of the block? And I take it they list first as block 1, etc? Am I correct ?
RR has it down as Type B0
MOT D
TT S4
does this mean: BO (block 0) is S4 (size 4) ? If it does what is MOT D mean?

Just for reference I'm starting with NYC EMS.
Help !
Thanks in advance.

DaveH

bob1857 said:
S4 the size of the block? And I take it they list first as block 1, etc? Am I correct ?
RR has it down as Type B0
MOT D
TT S4
does this mean: BO (block 0) is S4 (size 4) ? If it does what is MOT D mean?

Yes I believe that is correct. Motorola sizecode D (A,B,C,D....) is the equivalent
for programming Moto radios which you need not worry about.

Dave

SCANdal

Silent Key
bob,

Make life easy on yourself and program in the FDNY*EMS trunked system as Type II, this way you don't have to worry about size codes. They are migrating from Type IIi to Type II and have all the talkgroups simulcast between the two types. Look for the talkgroup IDs in between the ( ) at http://www.n2nov.net/ems800.html for the channels (1G, 6B, etc.) that you are interested in.

SCANdal

Status
Not open for further replies.