Motorola Type II SmartZone Omnilink Assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTservice

Premium Subscriber
Hello reader, I am trying to set up my SW1040 to scan Utah County's system, and am having no luck, I'm attempting to scan "Fire 1,2,3,and 4" but it wont work, here's what I've done so far

1. Changed from EDACS to DEC
2. Made new system for utah county and added Utah County Simulcast (turned multi site on, P25 auto)
3. Made new scan lists for the TGRP's I wanted (Fire 1-4)

Is there anything I'm missing or any reason that it's not working? If it helps, I can make a video of what i've done so far.

tvengr

Well Known Member
The Utah Communications Authority system is not P25. It is MOT 800/900. It is using rebanded 800 MHz frequencies. The trunking tables must be set to Custom and edit the trunking tables to this:
Band PlanBase Freq (lower)Base Freq (upper)Low ChannelHigh ChannelPolaritySpacing
1851.025854.0000440559+25 khz
2851.0125868.98750719+25 khz
Are you using programming software? If the Utah County Simulcast site is the only one you are using, set Multi-Site to Off.

DTservice

Premium Subscriber
The Utah Communications Authority system is not P25. It is MOT 800/900. It is using rebanded 800 MHz frequencies. The trunking tables must be set to Custom and edit the trunking tables to this:
Band PlanBase Freq (lower)Base Freq (upper)Low ChannelHigh ChannelPolaritySpacing
1851.025854.0000440559+25 khz
2851.0125868.98750719+25 khz
Are you using programming software?
oh, ok. I'll get on this and get back to you, thanks for the help. Sorry I'm a noob at this

tvengr

Well Known Member
I understand that the software programs will not run on chromebook. I believe that you missed my edit to my last post. If the Utah County Simulcast site is the only one you are using, set Multi-Site to Off.

DTservice

Premium Subscriber
I understand that the software programs will not run on chromebook. I believe that you missed my edit to my last post. If the Utah County Simulcast site is the only one you are using, set Multi-Site to Off.
Yeah, I read that and turned it off, I'll let you know if anything changes but it's really quite here (knock on wood)

DTservice

Premium Subscriber
If you see a T at the top of the scanner display, the trunked system is working.
Yea, there's a T up there. I may just end up using the few conventional channels that are listed if all else fails

(do you know how to identify the other channels as conventional or are they just special?)

tvengr

Well Known Member
What TGID's did you enter for Fire 1, 2, 3, and 4? Each talkgroup must be affiliated with the trunked system and assigned to a scan list. Are the scan lists turned on? I would put all 4 of the fire talkgroups in the same scan list.

DTservice

Premium Subscriber
What TGID's did you enter for Fire 1, 2, 3, and 4? Each talkgroup must be affiliated with the trunked system and assigned to a scan list. Are the scan lists turned on? I would put all 4 of the fire talkgroups in the same scan list.
Fire 1 46304
Fire 2 46272
Fire 3 41440
Fire 4 41472

tvengr

Well Known Member
The TGID's are correct. It's been a long time since I programmed one of those scanners manually. If I remember correctly, you have to do a dupe when you add each talkgroup to retain all of the other parameters such as the trunked system. I'm going to have to get my old Radio Shack Pro-197 out and refamiliarize myself with it. Its operation is identical to your scanner.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I'll be looking at my scanner to see if I can give you any hints. It would be so much easier if you had a Windows computer and programming software. I use Butel ARC500 Basic. There is a 30 day free trial period before you decide if you want to purchase the key. You could download from the scanner into the software and save the file. You could then attach your file and I could see exactly what you have done wrong. I could make corrections and attach the file for you to use to program your scanner. At this point, I can only guess what you have done wrong. The big advantage of using the software is that you can easily see how everything is programmed at a glance rather than having to step through menus and view items one at a time. It makes it a lot easier to see if the scanner is setup correctly. You can also type in the alpha tags directly instead of having to use the 2 digit code for each character. I see at you are a premium subscriber. You could program the scanner directly from the Radio Reference database.

DTservice

Premium Subscriber
I'll be looking at my scanner to see if I can give you any hints. It would be so much easier if you had a Windows computer and programming software. I use Butel ARC500 Basic. There is a 30 day free trial period before you decide if you want to purchase the key. You could download from the scanner into the software and save the file. You could then attach your file and I could see exactly what you have done wrong. I could make corrections and attach the file for you to use to program your scanner. At this point, I can only guess what you have done wrong. The big advantage of using the software is that you can easily see how everything is programmed at a glance rather than having to step through menus and view items one at a time. It makes it a lot easier to see if the scanner is setup correctly. You can also type in the alpha tags directly instead of having to use the 2 digit code for each character. I see at you are a premium subscriber. You could program the scanner directly from the Radio Reference database.
oh, yea I know. When I first got it, I set it up with a program, but I'm here on vacation and didn't think to program it before I left so, untill then I'll use the Conventional channels I can find. Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.