• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola UHF P25 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
Hey i am wondering if there are any other radios other than the XTS500 and XTS2500 that can have a codeplug like these:

Flashcode 540008-000480-2
G806 ASTRO Digital Operation
G114 Enhanced Digital ID Display
W969 Hardware Multikey Encryption
G51 SMARTZONE Systems Operation
G173 SMARTZONE OMNILINK Multizone Operation
G361 ASTRO 25 9600 Baud Trunking
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Or better yet a loaded flashcode like:
580008-001682-6
Q806 ASTRO Digital Operation
G114 Enhanced Digital ID Display
Q498 Hardware Multikey Encryption w/ OTAR
H38 SMARTZONE Systems Operation
Q947 APCO Packet Data Interface
Q387 Conventional Voting Scan
Q173 SMARTZONE OMNILINK Multizone Operation
Q361 ASTRO 25 9600 Baud Trunking
Q446 Channel Announcement

We have a few radios that are "P25" but are used on conventinal uhf freq and we would like to maybe upgrade them to be used on the West Virginia IRP system, the county has said if we pay for the radio and programming they will alow us to us them on the WVIRP system in our county.

I have herd that maybe Astro Spectras and Maybe the XTS3000 can be firmware upgraded to be used on the system. of course the state wants you to buy brand new but we have good used radios that we would like to use,

thanks

matt

bigtomdawg58

the xts1500 could have some of them. if you are interested in using them for conventional and irp, then go with the basic, unless you have them already. no need to waste precious money for useless features that wont be of much benefit. 500008-000480-2 flash is good for conventional analog/digital channels as well as working on irp. as far as the encryption it wouldnt b worth the money for only a few to have.

i doubt the xts3000 or the spectras would work, they may, id have to look into them a lil more.

hope this helps. any other questions, feel free to ask

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
our county uses 11 uhf conventional repeaters for its day to day operations, but as the WVIRP system comes in to play a little more in our county we would like to carry one radio instead of two on the calls where we have other counties coming to help or a way to talk to our 911 center with out scanner land listening

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
The APX7000 can also have that flash, or at least something similiar.

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
we have encryption, just no one uses it right now, its there i guess they just dont know how to twist the switch, lol but we do have it.

MOTOROLANUT

No to the Astro Spectras and the XTS 3000's being used on the system state wide, Only radios approved for the WVIRP UHF system are as follows:

XTL 5000, XTL 2500, EFJ 5300, XTS5000, XTS2500, EFJ5100, XTL1500, XTS1500
all of the above must be smartzone enabled, for a P25, 9600b TDMA phase 1 system

Kenwood TK5810, and TK5310 are usable but no smartzone and have restricted areas of operation.

The XTS 3000 and Astro spectra with a loaded whoreflash MIGHT work in restricted area aka one county radius.

But P25 UHF Smartzone 9600b compatibility issues is one of the big problems with your XTS3000 and Astro Spectras being used on the system

Yea it sucks...It just makes mother M more money in the end....

Last edited:

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
well thanks for the bad news, lol

well it might just be something we try to find a grant for

thanks

NCFire11

Might not be none of my business, but why dont you want scanners listening in? If it was law enforcement i could understand but fire/ems i dont see why you would want it.

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
well for the simple fact that if my fire dept runs a call and theres something that needs passed on to law enforcement before they arrive that is vital to the call (rolling meth labs, drugs, things like that.) or when the state fire marshalls office is on the way to one of our scenes and they want to ask a bunch of questions, our area only has cell phone coverage for about 20% and the rest of the time we have to use the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.