• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola XPR 7350

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacabo

I recently won two Motorola XPR 7350's in an eBay auction. Upon recieving the radios I found them to both be locked and the seller is of no help. Is there anything I can do? Can someone send me a codeplug for a UHF radio so I can try to clone it? The model is AAH56RDC9KA1AN its version 2.50.05. It was also programmed last in May of 2016. I have tried wireshark and have not been successful in reading the password.

N1GTL

Database Admin
Use CPS and install the newest firmware package. Run recovery mode and it will wipe out everything in the radio and you'll start with unprogrammed radios.

zacabo

I don't have a MOL account. What is the current firmware version? Is there anyplace online I can download it from?

N4KVE

Notify the seller. Hopefully you paid using PayPal. Tell him his radios are useless in their present form. Demand a refund unless he solves the problem. Send the radios back, & buy radios that are not locked. You were ripped off.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
For the record, you can't force a clone into an XPR without knowing the initial password. If your firmware is not too new for your CPS, you may be able to restore the radios without the firmware upgrade (but I've never done it).

N1GTL

Database Admin
Notify the seller. Hopefully you paid using PayPal. Tell him his radios are useless in their present form. Demand a refund unless he solves the problem. Send the radios back, & buy radios that are not locked. You were ripped off.

I'll disagree. He bought radios that he did not have a legal way to program. If he owns the software, he has the ability to download the firmware and wipe the passwords out. What if his pirated version of CPS is 12.0 and he couldn't program them? Is that the sellers fault?

Bottom line is if you have the software subscription, you can download the firmware and recover those radios to factory default.

N4KVE

Then we disagree. The seller should not be selling radios that are locked. I bought one once. I called the seller, complained,& he said sorry, the code is BATTERY. That unlocked the radio. Many sellers who know what they are doing advertise the radio is not locked. PayPal will allow the return of a radio that is locked, as it can not be used. If the OP is in SE Florida, I could help him.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager

You're assuming that the seller had the ability to read the radios and determine that they were locked. That's a pretty big assumption without knowing the details of the auction.

If these were sold in as-is condition then the buyer should have been more careful.

zacabo

I bought these from a company that was closing, the seller did not know they were locked. I'm currently working with eBay and Paypal. I ran the serial numbers, the radios are not stolen. I'm in Ft Lauderdale.

N4KVE

Well I tried to PM the OP, but he is not taking PM's. Since we are nearby, I have a friend who could take care of his problem. So E-mail me if you want your problem to go away. MOONBOOTS SEVEN SEVEN FOUR at YAHOO dot COM. All one word.

Last edited:

zacabo

I'll disagree. He bought radios that he did not have a legal way to program. If he owns the software, he has the ability to download the firmware and wipe the passwords out. What if his pirated version of CPS is 12.0 and he couldn't program them? Is that the sellers fault?

Bottom line is if you have the software subscription, you can download the firmware and recover those radios to factory default.

Just an FYI for anyone else in this situation, I went on my MOL and downloaded the firmware. After I upgraded the firmware in the radios I then had to recover them and they are now working. The point of this post was to see if anyone knew if updating the firmware would work and wipe the password.

N1GTL

Database Admin
Just an FYI for anyone else in this situation, I went on my MOL and downloaded the firmware. After I upgraded the firmware in the radios I then had to recover them and they are now working. The point of this post was to see if anyone knew if updating the firmware would work and wipe the password.

The second post on this thread told you to download the firmware and run recovery mode which will "factory reset" the radios. Also, you don't need to do a firmware upgrade and then recovery mode. Recovery mode will do both.

Status
Not open for further replies.