• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola XPR3500 speaker

LowderK

LEO / Paramedic
Premium Subscriber
does anyone know the part number for the internal speaker for the xpr3500..? radio works great with speaker mic just no radio audio if no mic attached and yes volume is up....! not looking to recase radio just change the small speaker

KI5EDJ

WRDB542
Premium Subscriber
Offhand, no, but I've had the misfortune of recasing a 3500e with cheap eBay crap cases. The weak point is the ribbon cables. You sure the speaker itself is bad? If not could be a cracked ribbon (bad) or a solder joint came loose at the speaker itself.

LowderK

LEO / Paramedic
Premium Subscriber
Offhand, no, but I've had the misfortune of recasing a 3500e with cheap eBay crap cases. The weak point is the ribbon cables. You sure the speaker itself is bad? If not could be a cracked ribbon (bad) or a solder joint came loose at the speaker itself.
well i will look at the solder joints and cable…. hopefully speaker not cable

LowderK

LEO / Paramedic
Premium Subscriber
well i think so…..?!? i have a XPR3500e that everything works great but no audio….. i place a speaker mic on it and it has audio so i’m guessing bad speaker

aaronhoff

Premium Subscriber
well i think so…..?!? i have a XPR3500e that everything works great but no audio….. i place a speaker mic on it and it has audio so i’m guessing bad speaker
It is most likely the ribbon cable and you'll most likely not see the issue. I repair these daily. I'd suggest get a ebay case that has a new speaker.

aaronhoff

Premium Subscriber
i would get a case off ebay if i could find a legitimate motorola case
I work for Motorola Solutions shop and Motorola cases are usually $150-$350 depending, that's dealer price. For customers I just buy ebay cases and usually never have a issue. The only issue I've ever had is maybe the Motorola sticker doesn't come with it.

MatRat80109

APX tech here, no XPR experience but this might help you or someone else.

On our APXs the Surveillance radio profiles have the internal speaker mike disabled. Users have 'accidentally' selected this profile and the symptoms match what you are seeing.

R/MR

aaronhoff

Premium Subscriber
APX tech here, no XPR experience but this might help you or someone else.

On our APXs the Surveillance radio profiles have the internal speaker mike disabled. Users have 'accidentally' selected this profile and the symptoms match what you are seeing.

R/MR
It's a valid thought but I do not think XPR's have that function.

tropiradio

For whats worth, there is a guy on ebay located in the UK that sells OEM Moto parts. I purchased two XPR3500 speakers from him not too long ago, and they arrived quickly and where perfect in every aspect. I've purchased from him several times other parts, a great help specially during the pandemic, and even now sometimes a good option as its still very slow process to order parts from Moto anyhow without incurring into several weeks waiting time before they ship your order.

K2NEC

For whats worth, there is a guy on ebay located in the UK that sells OEM Moto parts. I purchased two XPR3500 speakers from him not too long ago, and they arrived quickly and where perfect in every aspect. I've purchased from him several times other parts, a great help specially during the pandemic, and even now sometimes a good option as its still very slow process to order parts from Moto anyhow without incurring into several weeks waiting time before they ship your order.
I go to him directly for any TRBO housings I need. They are legit and for $10 extra I have them fedex overnighted to my house. Can't beat that anywhere

kinglou0

For whats worth, there is a guy on ebay located in the UK that sells OEM Moto parts.
and this guy is?

Always looking for parts for my growing fleet of TRBO radios.

Worn out housings, chewed up antennas, and scratched screens equal savings in my pockets even after buying new parts.

tropiradio

and this guy is?

Always looking for parts for my growing fleet of TRBO radios.

Worn out housings, chewed up antennas, and scratched screens equal savings in my pockets even after buying new parts.
knickerlessparsons
100% Positive feedback (11893)

No relation to him, other than being a satisfied repeat customer.