• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola XPR5550 GPS - PMAN4002A

Status
Not open for further replies.

DotNM

Feed Provider
Hi all,

Does anyone know about using an external GPS antenna for a Motorola XPR 5550? I've ordered a PMAN4002A from Motorola, however, it appears that the order was lost (probably due to their recent ERP system upgrade) so I'm trying to get that dealt with.

I'm just wondering if there are any other GPS antennas that would work on the XPR 5550 besides the Motorola PMAN4002A?

I haven't found anyone that actually has one in stock, so I'm just wondering about my options.

Thanks!

Mr_Boh

It's mostly just a standard active GPS antenna with an SMA male connector. We have had customers successfully use lots of other options including the Sharkee combo antenna, MobileMark antennas, and the PCTEL combo NMO mount with GPS antenna built in. So there are a a lot of options out there.

EDIT: Some options. I have successfully used all of these as Motorola GPS antennas.

https://www.tessco.com/products/displayProductInfo.do?sku=357066

https://www.tessco.com/products/displayProductInfo.do?sku=592715

https://www.tessco.com/products/displayProductInfo.do?sku=481787

EDIT 2: Don't forget about the PMAN4001 which is the same thing, but the antenna faces the other way so you mount it on glass (like the top corner of a windshield, and the PMAN4000 which is a permanent through-hole mount.

Last edited:

DotNM

Feed Provider
Thanks Mr_Boh,

I was unsure whether it was just a standard antenna or something proprietary to Motorola. Your post helps a lot!

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.