• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR Motorola XPR6350 Codeplug issues (model no. AAH55QDC9LA1AN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazzeki

Hello everyone, I am a complete newbies when it comes to radio programming, I recently found a bunch of XPR 6350's thrown into a dumpster (I work for a local big pharma that apparently got an upgrade on their radios).

Now I'm a las year CS student, and I know how to get around programming, but never DMRs...

Since it is an UHF Model ( Model no. AAH55QDC9LA1AN) I got interested in reusing them for fmrs/gmrs (the latter with proper licensing of course)

I went and bought a programming cable to reprogram the radios (from BlueMax49ers) and got a hold of the CPS, but upon trying to read the radios, I get a password prompt.

Now for obvious reasons I cannot get the password. But I want to save these radios from the landfill. I read a new Codeplug from the same model could fix my situation.
From what I understand, some of you may have such password-free Codeplug that I can use on my units, and from what I understand a Codeplug doesn't count towards commercial software, so I thought of asking for it here.

I have looked on Google but no one seems to have posted such a file online.

I also searched through the sample Codeplugs, *but* the only xrp6350 Codeplug that the CPS provides in not compatible with my model, as the model number differs.

I would appreciate any help with a Codeplug or any other way to reset the radios as to make them password-free again.

I think this goes without saying but I have no need for the old Codeplug, I just want to program new frequencies into the radios.

One last thing, I do see there are services that seem to offer a way to unblock the radio from Motorola, but at $50 per radio, it's just not economically feasible for me at the moment.

Here's the radio info once again case it's needed and with more details:

NOTE: I have 2 variants on the version.

S/T: PMUE2579AANAA

IC: 109U-89FT4876

MODEL: AAH55QDC9LA1AN

VER R01.05.00. FCC ID: AZ489FT4876

And

S/T: PMUE2579AANAA

IC 109U-89FT4876

VER: R01.05.10 FCC ID: AZ489FT4876

MODEL: AAH55QDC9LA1AN

N4KVE

The feature set in both radios must be the same. Picked up a similar radio at Hamvention Saturday. Tried to also clone, but the feature set was different between the two radios. The radio I was trying to clone to did not have connect plus activaged, while the code plugs did, so connect plus had to be activated to accept the code plug.

Kazzeki

The feature set in both radios must be the same. Picked up a similar radio at Hamvention Saturday. Tried to also clone, but the feature set was different between the two radios. The radio I was trying to clone to did not have connect plus activaged, while the code plugs did, so connect plus had to be activated to accept the code plug.

I wonder if it's possible change this or the model number via hex editor

Do you happen to have the code plug for that one? Seems mine could also have that feature enabled.

If you need to reach out to me in private please use kazzeki.dollars@gmail.com

Kazzeki

The Hex edit works. Thank you to the kind soul that messaged me the information. Now to get on with programming!

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I see no reason to do so. Someone else may have something to add to the topic. If not, it will just slide down the topic list as new topics are started.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
For reference, should be able to use CPS to recover the radio. You will need the current firmware installed to your computer, and choose Device, Recover in the menu. Keep in mind doing this will write a clean codeplug, so any programming information in the radio will be lost. The good side is that you start with a clean slate.

Kazzeki

I have managed to to unlock my Codeplug. Is it against policy to share that file in case anyone else needs it in the future?

I see no reason to do so. Someone else may have something to add to the topic. If not, it will just slide down the topic list as new topics are started.

Gotcha, sorry about that

Status
Not open for further replies.