• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola XPR7550 Bluetooth issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

sauderm

Hello folks,

I've started a position that makes heavy use of radios. That catch is that I'm hearing impaired and it's a struggle to understand. Using a shoulder mic helps greatly, but it's still difficult.

The best thing would be to have the audio go straight into my hearing aid. In theory, this can be done using bluetooth. Before purchasing a $1,000 bluetooth hearing aid adapter, I'm doing some proof of concept tests and running into issues getting the radio to pair with anything.

So far I've tried to pair the XPR7550 with two bluetooth audio-only receivers (such as this one: https://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Wireless-Bluetooth-Receiver-NFC-Enabled/dp/B00KXYXXK2/), my android cellphone, a Samsung TV, and my laptop. So far, only the laptop has successfully paired. For the other four devices, the radio simply says it's not able to connect after a couple seconds of trying.

(For the record, I don't care about the phone or TV, I care most about the audio receivers, as they will output the audio to a 3.5mm audio jack I can use for testing).

I'm technically savvy, I know my way around electronics and bluetooth, etc.

Any suggestions on what to try or what to look for to get pairing working? Thanks!

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I've never been able to get my XPR7350 to pair with anything, I gave up on that feature. I wouldn't pt down $1000 for an adaptor unless you had the option to return it if it was found to not be compatible.

Paul

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
I've never been able to get my XPR7350 to pair with anything, I gave up on that feature. I wouldn't pt down $1000 for an adaptor unless you had the option to return it if it was found to not be compatible.

Paul

I've been able to get mine to pair with several BT stereo headphones and also to my computer and do programming via BT with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cpetraglia

I have the same problems with the Unication Pagers. Other people have also reported the same problems. I went thru 13 BT receivers with only two working marginally. I have asked the manufacturer to provide me with the BT specifications and have never gotten an answer. I would press Motorola for the BT version and all associated specs. At least it will help you when pinning down a receiver that MAY work.
I wish you luck, know exactly what your going through.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Another option is to get a Bluetooth adapter for the radio. I got one for my apx before Motorola updated the firmware where it would work with things beside their accessories and it worked great. I know your radio already has Bluetooth but like many others have complained it can be picky. It's not exactly as ideal as built-in Bluetooth but I've never had a single issue with mine connecting. Here's the xpr version of what I purchased PrymeBLU BT-583 Bluetooth Adapter for XPR 6000,7000

Status
Not open for further replies.