• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola xtl 1500

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatanchors

Hello All

I'm looking into buying a XTL 1500 and or maybe a portable Motorola 5000 series, My question here is once I do buy these am I going to be able to get these programmed by a shop or someone because even though I do have an Electronic background I am not familiar with the Motorola programming for the Ohio Marcs IP here in Adams Co Ohio. I have no interest in having these transmit I just want these to receive only.. So with that being said would I be able to get these programmed for Adams Co sheriff, Ems & Fire by someone or a shop? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated... Thanks Chris

quebecradioguy

Quebec Database Admin
Database Admin
I don’t think any shop will risk themselve into «*illegaly*» programming a Radio on a system. Unless you have a valid ID given by the system admin.. The No-Affiliate method still works, but its a big programming and In my opinion, no shop will do this.

Thanks
remimercier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatanchors

I totally understand that very well and thank you for taking the time to respond and help.. So maybe if I buy the CPS software for windows 10 or 7 and buy a cable that I might get it programmed myself, As I stated I do have a electronic back ground and am some what familiar with other radio (not Motorola) programming. What are you thoughts on getting thru it myself? Thanks

yaknamedjak

Premium Subscriber
There are methods to doing it yourself, unfortunately it's rather complicated if you're not very familiar with trunked systems and motorola programming. The methods aren't discussed here, but you may be able to find your answer on another site.

The cps also can't be had legally for less than several hundred dollars. The workaround is also discussed elsewhere.

boatanchors

Well seems I am batting 0 here.. So I am guessing I'd be better off just looking for Hand Held scanner.. I was really hoping to atleast get a 5000 series portable.. Well thank you to everyone taking time out to clue me in on things before I wasted the money for one.. Chris

quebecradioguy

Quebec Database Admin
Database Admin
Yes.. better for you to buy yourself a High End Radio:
Whistler TRX-1 or TRX-2
Or
Uniden BCD536HP or BCD436HP

With a good antenna..

My Radios:
XPR6550
XPR4550
XTL5000
APX6000
APX6000XE
Multiple Cheap Chinese Radios

Hello All

I'm looking into buying a XTL 1500 and or maybe a portable Motorola 5000 series, My question here is once I do buy these am I going to be able to get these programmed by a shop or someone because even though I do have an Electronic background I am not familiar with the Motorola programming for the Ohio Marcs IP here in Adams Co Ohio. I have no interest in having these transmit I just want these to receive only.. So with that being said would I be able to get these programmed for Adams Co sheriff, Ems & Fire by someone or a shop? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated... Thanks Chris

For trunking, it makes a lot more sense to get a trunktracker or another trunking scanner. I don't completely remember but I'm pretty sure that it's hard to scan as many talk groups as you want on a Motorola as well as it's a thin line as to what's legal or not. I would even suggest a preprogrammed scanner like the home patrol or whatever the handheld or mobile version is.

boatanchors

Thanks XTS5000 for the input and I have to agree with you on the legally issue, i'm going to just get me a Hand Held scanner.. I'm looking at the Uniden BCD325P2 or maybe the BCD436HP. Thanks again for your input...

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
If you're just wanting to monitor a few channels and want something portable check out the unication g4. Cost a little more than a scanner but works well with simulcast systems if that is any concern for you.

Rays did fast shipping i'm in Parma and Monitor Marc's,Cleveland,Parmas radio system works 100% my home is a dead zone for Marc's for my TRX-2 and the pagers works 100%%%%

boatanchors

Yeah David I am in Adams Co Ohio and in the last couple months have added to helping the TGID of Adams Co to grow, I really like the G4 & G5, I have the Winchester Ohio site for the Marcs just about in my back yard, Its about 1 mile away but I can see the tower from my Back Porch

Status
Not open for further replies.