• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola xtl5000 mic hanger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
just got a new truck and need a stick on mic hanger. don't want to drill any holes in the interior.
b52d2ecfdf2cc16d582c44f01a92a325.jpg
I did drill two holes under the dash to mount the control head but you can't see em.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Is it a full sized GM truck?

Check out the Panavise InDash mount. I have two in my 2013 Sierra (require drilling behind the dash for the W3's mounting location, bolt in for the other, other trucks get something winged off the bolts which hold the radio in place).
vSfJ2RS.jpg

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
Is it a full sized GM truck?

Check out the Panavise InDash mount. I have two in my 2013 Sierra (require drilling behind the dash for the W3's mounting location, bolt in for the other, other trucks get something winged off the bolts which hold the radio in place).
vSfJ2RS.jpg
2010 yukon.
it has 3 rows but its not the extended model. I also went over to hro for the first time and grabbed this antenna mount:
f5fee4302400cb6a292b8c81decc0a90.jpg

not ready to drill any holes in the roof yet. the mount works pretty good don't have any issues with TX and RX. those mounts would work! hey by chance do you know if my truck has a hole in the firewall somewhere to pass my coax and power wires? right now the wires go through the door jam and eventually the doors will ruin the wires.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Easiest way is to go look between the master cylinder and fender on the firewall. There is a 2.5"-3" grommet there which the factory bundle passes through the firewall (bundle is only about 1" thick). It has become standard practice to run the power lead for the radio through there by just poking a hole through the grommet with an awl, screwdriver, end of a whip (not the end with a static ball), etc. Tape the end of your fish tape to the power lead and pull it through. On the driver's side there is a kick panel that can be removed covering access to the under dash/transmission hump area, the metal structure there is grounded and one can simply unbolt one of those two bolts and ground the radio there.

Oh yea, for future antenna ideas you may consider the Panorama Sharkee. It could replace the OEM Onstar/LTE/GPS/XM antenna but it's not noticeable when mounted further back either. Mine is the tri-band whip and is currently only diplexed out for VHF and UHF (I've been trying to find a triplexer so I can finish up the 800 MHz install work but I'm thinking about a used APX7500 with O3).

Status
Not open for further replies.