• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola XTS 2500

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSdudley2020

Premium Subscriber
I just purchased a used xts 2500. I had the tech in my fire department program the zones. My first zone, the one I will use the most, is the one I have the question.

The first channel is a analog/digital using a nac code using two frequencies. The second channel is the fire department using an analog frequency with repeater.

Then there are 10 other simplex channels used by the various FDs for fire ground operations.

As best and I can understand it, the tech made the first two channels full time scanning. The remaining channels are supposedly add/delete. However for the life of me, I cant get these channels to add/delete. If someone could give me the step by step way to accomplish this procedure, I would appreciate it.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
They were probably not added to the selectable scan list. He will have to go into the CPS and change it to be able to add from the keypad

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
The remaining channels are supposedly add/delete.

There would need to be a button, switch or menu option enabled for scan. The menu item for scan programming would be PROG and if a switch was programmed for scan list programming there would be a flashing rectangle on the top display showing that it is now in scan programming mode

If there is a button programmed for scan, hold that button longer and it will enter scan list programming mode and allow you to add or remove channels with the top side button, a channel showing Z that means the channel is now entered into a scan list

SSdudley2020

Premium Subscriber
They were probably not added to the selectable scan list. He will have to go into the CPS and change it to be able to add from the keypad
Will you please tell me where in the CPS selectable scan list I can go to add these channels.

SSdudley2020

Premium Subscriber
There would need to be a button, switch or menu option enabled for scan. The menu item for scan programming would be PROG and if a switch was programmed for scan list programming there would be a flashing rectangle on the top display showing that it is now in scan programming mode

If there is a button programmed for scan, hold that button longer and it will enter scan list programming mode and allow you to add or remove channels with the top side button, a channel showing Z that means the channel is now entered into a scan list

On this radio the button enable for scan is the side purple button. Once I hit this button the flashing box comes up. I then hit scan and select add or delete button for the channel.. How do I get back into the newly created scan list?

Status
Not open for further replies.