Motorola XTS Radio Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

unlv18

Can anyone please tell me what would be the best Motorola XTS radio to get for the Southern Nevada SNACC radio system?

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
unless you are an authorized user and can it have it programmed with the blessing of the system adminstrator an XTS wont do you any good.

BCFlash

The SNACC system can be monitored by quite a number of scanners, just look for one that is capable of trunk tracking 800 mhz. A Motorola or any professional radio would need to be programmed with special equipment and codes that aren't available to the public.

XTS3000

Best XTS radio would an XTS3000 model 2 or 3 with Host firmware R06.72.00/DSP N08.03.05. This way your covered for 3600 and 9600 TRS systems.

Program the top secure switch to "TX inhibit" on BOTH positions.

There is a word document on the net (google for it), that explains how to use notpad and generate your system key.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
The SNACC system can be monitored by quite a number of scanners, just look for one that is capable of trunk tracking 800 mhz. A Motorola or any professional radio would need to be programmed with special equipment and codes that aren't available to the public.

All that special equipment can be purchased on ebay at any given time. I guess it ain't so special is it. Everything is available to the public if you know where to look.

unlv18

motorola xts

Thanks you for your help it was very helpfull

Best XTS radio would an XTS3000 model 2 or 3 with Host firmware R06.72.00/DSP N08.03.05. This way your covered for 3600 and 9600 TRS systems.

Program the top secure switch to "TX inhibit" on BOTH positions.

There is a word document on the net (google for it), that explains how to use notpad and generate your system key.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
You would have to break the law in order to program your radio to listen to that system due to the issue with the system key, which falls under the definition of an unauthorized "access device" under Federal law. Even if you made your own key with a hex editor, it's still an unauthorized access device.

Get a scanner.

Using a Moto radio to monitor a Moto trunking system is opening up a huge can of worms that you do not want opened.

DO NOT DO IT. YOU WOULD BE A FOOL. I can not warn you more strongly than that via the internet.

Elroy

unlv18

You would have to break the law in order to program your radio to listen to that system due to the issue with the system key, which falls under the definition of an unauthorized "access device" under Federal law. Even if you made your own key with a hex editor, it's still an unauthorized access device.

Get a scanner.

Using a Moto radio to monitor a Moto trunking system is opening up a huge can of worms that you do not want opened.

DO NOT DO IT. YOU WOULD BE A FOOL. I can not warn you more strongly than that via the internet.

Elroy

Ok Thank you for the information very much

Status
Not open for further replies.