• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola XTS3000 800MHZ ...I need help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone ,I recently purchased a motorola xts3000 800mhz radio Model #H09UCF9PW7BN with the following:
Flashcode: 500008-000480-0
Decodes as:
Q806 ASTRO Digital Operation
H14 Enhanced Digital ID Display
H38 SMARTZONE Systems Operation
Q173 SMARTZONE OMNILINK Multizone Operation
Q361 ASTRO 25 9600 Baud Trunking

My department radios have:

FlashCode: 500008-000000-1 .
Q806/G806 IMBE / APCO-25 Digital Operation
H14/G114 Digital ID Display
H38/G51 Smartzone Operation

If I bring them the radio I bought will I be able to use it on our system? I am new to this. I assumed if I had at least the flash option of my department radios , I would be okay? Is this right, because the radio I purchased has more then what my deparment has? Any help would be great. I havent gotten the radio yet just wondering before I go and ask to have the radio programed.

Thanks, Sean Manchester Volunteer Rescue Squad

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
blink182boysean said:
Hi everyone ,I recently purchased a motorola xts3000 800mhz radio Model #H09UCF9PW7BN with the following:
Flashcode: 500008-000480-0
Decodes as:
Q806 ASTRO Digital Operation
H14 Enhanced Digital ID Display
H38 SMARTZONE Systems Operation
Q173 SMARTZONE OMNILINK Multizone Operation
Q361 ASTRO 25 9600 Baud Trunking

My department radios have:

FlashCode: 500008-000000-1 .
Q806/G806 IMBE / APCO-25 Digital Operation
H14/G114 Digital ID Display
H38/G51 Smartzone Operation

If I bring them the radio I bought will I be able to use it on our system? I am new to this. I assumed if I had at least the flash option of my department radios , I would be okay? Is this right, because the radio I purchased has more then what my deparment has? Any help would be great. I havent gotten the radio yet just wondering before I go and ask to have the radio programed.

Thanks, Sean Manchester Volunteer Rescue Squad

Sean,

I sure hope that you spoke to someone at MVRS about doing this before you spent your hard-earned money on this radio. I don't know of ANY personal radios that are used on the regional system (which currently encompasses 8000 radios in 3 localities). MVRS doesn't have the ability to flash the radio for you, only the county radio shop and the local Motorola radio shop have this ability ... and you're not going to just walk in there with your XTS3000 and have them program it for you.

I can understand your eagerness to have a XTS3000 for the system, but do some checking on this within your agency before you take this too much further. People have gone to jail for having a unauthorized radio on a trunked system (Michigan, about 2-3 years ago). Not trying to scare you, just putting the facts out there - from one system user to another...

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
And the technical answer is yes, that radio will work. I have bought a half-dozen or so radios of varying flashcodes and had them put on our Smartzone system by our system admin without any concern. So long as you meet the criteria of the existing flashcode, technically speaking, your radio will function fine on that system. It's like the "minimum requirements" on a piece of software. If you have a program that requires a 1GHz machine with 30gb of disk space and 256MB RAM, your 3.1GHz machine with 250GB disk space and 2GB RAM will handle it just fine.

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Their radios won't work on a Smartzone Omnilink system, or a trunking system that uses a 9600 baud control channel. Your radio has a better flashcode!

gcr33

And don't think about having an unauthorized person program it. The system admin has to assign a radio id. A fake one will turn up and then be shut off.

Thank you everyone for your posts. I have no intent in having the radio programmed illegally. I am going to bring the radio to my operations officer and request to have it programmed. If he denies my request I will just sell the radio. I am not a person to break laws. I would just rather have my own radio during calls in the event I am separated from my crew and need help I will be able to Mayday.

Thanks again guys,

Sean

SuperPuma

Revision Numbers

Along these lines what do the different revision numbers mean?

Such as R07.25.00 compared to R07.71.00

And DSPN 08.03.02 compared to DSPN 08.03.03

Thanks for any info

Status
Not open for further replies.