• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola xts3000????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys ive been in scanners for years but just bought a motorola xts3000 thats not programmed. Im looking for a good programmer (niagara area or area) that programms all i want is. Niagara opp. St catharines fd channels one and two. Haldimand opp and hamilton opp and extras if possable... if anyone could help me out that be great thanks

Hey guys ive been in scanners for years but just bought a motorola xts3000 thats not programmed. Im looking for a good programmer (niagara area or area) that programms all i want is. Niagara opp. St catharines fd channels one and two. Haldimand opp and hamilton opp and extras if possable... if anyone could help me out that be great thanks

Delete

http://forums.radioreference.com/motorola-forum/215894-do-you-want-monitor-trunked-system-moto-read.html

Last edited:

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
xts3000

The xts3000 can be programmed to pick up the frequencies you want, but not with trunking capabilities, and certainly it should not have transmit ability. If you do get it to receive what you want, be sure that transmit inhibit is checked in each transmit section, and put in a dummy frequency as an additional safeguard. One accidental PTT push and your radio could be turned into toast. I use a xts3000 for my local P25 systems with the radio wide scan mode, and it works better than most scanners due to the simulcast system in our area. There are limitations to this method, but the reception is never garbled and the volume is more than adequate.

SCPD

QRT
First off welcome to RR. If you are trying to programm a XTS3000 for a trunking system that is not possible. A trunking system has a system adminstar and requires a system key. It would just be a radio too look at for decaration. I would recommend monitoring police with a police scanner rather than the XTS3000 you bought. You didnt provide enough info for me too help more. You need permission from the adminstar before getting a radio programm for a system. HTH.

You are incorrect. The radio can be programmed for monitoring a trunking system without a system key by passively scanning it. So rather giving out bad information, let the OP decide if the limitations of the radio will need his needs or get a scanner. There are quite of few of us that monitor local P25 systems on Moto radios that were programmed with numerous safety guards in place so there is no possible way for the radio to affect any system PERIOD. I would suggest leaving the topic to persons that have done this and not spew out crap. An XTS3000, being as old as it is blows any scanner out of the water especially in areas with serious multipath/simulcast distoration. Scanners maybe the easiest way but sometimes don't do the trick.

So unless you use or have used this method, then please don't chime in with information that is not true.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
You are incorrect. The radio can be programmed for monitoring a trunking system without a system key by passively scanning it. So rather giving out bad information, let the OP decide if the limitations of the radio will need his needs or get a scanner. There are quite of few of us that monitor local P25 systems on Moto radios that were programmed with numerous safety guards in place so there is no possible way for the radio to affect any system PERIOD. I would suggest leaving the topic to persons that have done this and not spew out crap. An XTS3000, being as old as it is blows any scanner out of the water especially in areas with serious multipath/simulcast distoration. Scanners maybe the easiest way but sometimes don't do the trick.

So unless you use or have used this method, then please don't chime in with information that is not true.

The system he want to monitor is a type 2 with digital talk groups. It is BMR Fleetnet in Ontario, Canada

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have used this methed. I was sleepy and wrote it wrong. You can program a trunking system for a XTS or APX radio. what ever radio it is that does P25. All I also know is that you need a CPS I think. Jwilson2013 can correct me on that.

Ok so im lost. This can be programmed? Im new to these radios so you have to speak my lingo lol. The reson im pretty sure it will work os cause a friend uses it for what i want. The ptt is disabled. But i need a good programmer that can do it. Im willing to drive a bit to have it done providing its done right. But am having no luck. Whats this cps thing? Again sorry im so new

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
First of all truckermike, please don't post the same topic to multiple forums. I've deleted your post in the Ontario forum.

What you want can be done but it's not for newbies. You must have a good working knowledge of how the radio operates and how it needs to be programmed so it doesn't transmit. As a newbie, I'd advise you not to attempt this yourself. If you do transmit, you could interfere with public safety communications and find yourself in legal trouble.

Your best bet is to find someone willing to program the radio for you.

SCPD

QRT
Im new to these radios so you have to speak my lingo lol.

Sorry, but no. You need to learn to speak the correct "lingo", not the other way around -- do you really expect people to dumb it down for you?

A wise man once said, "please breathe through your nose, not your mouth."

* Profanity deleted *

Apparently truckermike didn't like the advice he was given and decided to let us all know how he felt. I'll lock this thread now since Mike has asked for his account to be deleted.

- MikeOxlong

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.