• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola XTS3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

austinbello

I'm very very VERY new to radios. I'm a lifeguard at a pool that uses radios to communicate with each other. The radio service code is IG if you know what that means. If someone could tell me where to begin that would be amazing. I'm sorry I don't know what other information to include. You could PM me or I could PM you for further discussion. Thank you!

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Um, what exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to program your own radio?
What model of XTS3000 do you have, they made VHF, UHF1, UHF2, 800mhz.
Are you the license holder? If not you should let the radio shop who is in charge of the radio or radio system do the programming.

I'm very very VERY new to radios. I'm a lifeguard at a pool that uses radios to communicate with each other. The radio service code is IG if you know what that means. If someone could tell me where to begin that would be amazing. I'm sorry I don't know what other information to include. You could PM me or I could PM you for further discussion. Thank you!

Wow. So much going on here.

IG is just a business radio service code.

The absolute basics are this: programming a XTS3000 is NOT like programming a scanner. It requires purchasing software; a RIB box; and a programming cable. Not to mention, the software won't work on anything newer than Windows XP, so you're probably buying a used computer from a thrift shop (one that has a true serial port helps a lot).

Assuming you have all the components, now you're faced with learning how to program the radio's codeplug.

Best advise is to use the radio provided to you by the pool; or figure out who they get their radios from and contact them. If they're a Moto shop, then they can probably help. This also has the added benefit of you being allowed to have the radio programmed on the pool's frequency, as the radio shop is probably going to ask them for their permission first (or require proof of their admission).

It's not a CB my friend! Nor is it a scanner.

Hope that helps.

Paul

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Not to mention, the software won't work on anything newer than Windows XP, so you're probably buying a used computer from a thrift shop (one that has a true serial port helps a lot).

It'll run just fine on Windows 7. You'll get com errors unless you are running a 32 bit version of Windows 7 however. Also, as long as your USB adapter is mapped to one of the first 4 com ports, it generally won't have an issue for read/write functions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FiremanSparky

Not to hijack this thread, but I've seen this in several threads lately, and wanted to throw this out there. Astro Saber/XTS-3000 software WILL work on Windows 7 32 bits, but I've heard that it will NOT work on Windows 7 64 bits. I am not able to test this as I don't have a 64 bit computer. Can anyone confirm this?

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Not to hijack this thread, but I've seen this in several threads lately, and wanted to throw this out there. Astro Saber/XTS-3000 software WILL work on Windows 7 32 bits, but I've heard that it will NOT work on Windows 7 64 bits. I am not able to test this as I don't have a 64 bit computer. Can anyone confirm this?

Some guys manage to get it working on 64 bit natively. Others do not. I'm in the do not category. For 64 bit I resort to XP Mode to provide the base with COM1 mapped across.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sfd119

The FCC License would be most helpful for us.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
32 bit windows will handle most current windows motorola programs. I do not recomend using 64 bit computers for programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.