• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTL/XTS5000 Motorola Xts5000 700/800mhz can’t hear 771 freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

prcguy

I have a virgin PRC-153/XTS-2500 completely stock and untouched by anyone with military code plug intact and it has both Q52 and Q53 as factory options. There are thousands of them out there bought under mil contract.

There is nothing factory about Q52 and Q53 in the same flashcode, sorry.

Decoding Flashcode: 160003-000100-8 Platform: XTS2500

Q806 - ASTRO IMBE Digital Operation
H869 - Hardware Multikey Encryption
Q52 - Federal Government FPP
H02 - Encrypted Tactical Inhibit
H35 - Conventional Systems Operation
Q53 - FCC FPP And Radio Cloning

6 options included in this flashcode.

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
Your radio was assembled using the keypad/display from a UHF USMC radio. I wanted a VHF XTS2500 with FPP, AES/DES and a guy had to build it by hacking up a couple of different radios. I didn't care that it was hacked, the price was fair and it works great.
I bought it from an /\/\ dealer who checked it over and ran it on their Aeroflex, but who knows where they got it from. It was a used radio. . .

I would really like to have a functional backlight and have looked into Bryan Fields method for restoring it without replacing the keypad/UCM board but don't have the equipment for doing SMD rework.

prcguy

I have limited SMD rework equipment and mucked up a trace trying the Bryan Fields mod. I'll just live with the dim display or maybe I'll get some night vision goggles as an accy just for this radio.

I bought it from an /\/\ dealer who checked it over and ran it on their Aeroflex, but who knows where they got it from. It was a used radio. . .

I would really like to have a functional backlight and have looked into Bryan Fields method for restoring it without replacing the keypad/UCM board but don't have the equipment for doing SMD rework.

mm

Back in the early 2000's, when the first xts5000's came out, at Wulfsberg electronics we had VHF, UHF and even some 700/800 MHz XTS5K'S direct from Moto engineering and later from the factory with FPP enabled.

They were all used in Our Engineering to work on a software interface using the moto sb9600 protocol to communicate with our RT5000P and RT/P2000 AVIATION radios, in the end the sb9600 bus to Wulfsberg interface was just too convoluted to get a reliable xts5k MTM MODULE fpp RT5K OR P2K AVIATION radio to market so I just used the fpp enabled radios for normal stuff that a ham/engineer would use them for.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of these early fpp enabled xts5k's were still around in an old engineering cabinet back in Prescott.

So I wouldn't be surprised if other manufacturers who were integrating xts5k's into their products also had some factory enabled FPP MODELS FOR all available bands.

Almost forgot, our first rt5000 and p2000 aviation radios were meant to go to a 3 letter federal agency and they also had vhf and uhf fpp xts5k's of their own during our design years with the fpp radios.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.