Motorola XTS5000 - How to read freqs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CVPI4Ever

We have Motorola Astro XTS5000 digital radios at work. I was wondering if there is anyway to read whats programmed into it from the radio without software? I am trying to find out our frequencies and nobody has a clue. There is no DTMF numeric pad. Thanks for any help!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You could key up the radio near any of the scanners that have Close Call (Signal Stalker) and grab that one frequency. Then go to the FCC Database and search for that freq...it would give you all the frequencies associated with that license.

CVPI4Ever

UPMan said:
You could key up the radio near any of the scanners that have Close Call (Signal Stalker) and grab that one frequency. Then go to the FCC Database and search for that freq...it would give you all the frequencies associated with that license.
I dont think we have such a scanner at work.

You could also use a frequency counter to do the same thing.

nexus

Yeah either a frequency counter or a scanner with signalstalker (rs name) or closecall (uniden name) built in. Since you don't have any scanners like that at work, are you allowed to take the radio with you?

If so go to a radio shack and ask to look at say a PRO-97 and have them demonstrate the signal-stalker feature, then simply key up your motorola and it will display the transmit frequency. Another thing you can do if you want is to remove the battery from the radio and post the entire serial number of that radio on here.

Someone will be able to tell you at least what band it is on. Could be VHF, UHF, 700mhz, 800mhz or 900mhz. Just curious, what or who do you work for that uses those?

CVPI4Ever

No, I cant take the radio with me.

I can write down the entire serial number tomorrow night and post it here

I work for a county jail as a corrections officer (not Erie County as stated in my profile. It just wont let me change my location).

MB

Feed Provider
I work for a county jail as a corrections officer (not Erie County as stated in my profile. It just wont let me change my location).

You should be able to change your location with no problem. Just go to User CP on the top of this page and then click on Edit Profile (on left side of page) and then go all the way to the bottom of the page and change your location.

CVPI4Ever

MB said:
You should be able to change your location with no problem. Just go to User CP on the top of this page and then click on Edit Profile (on left side of page) and then go all the way to the bottom of the page and change your location.
Location changed..Thanks!

Bill2k

CVPI4Ever said:
I dont think we have such a scanner at work.

What kind of scanners do you or co workers have?

Some scanners have keypad hacks. By pressing and holding certain keys and powering the scanner on, you can access extra (unoffical) features like a frequency counter.

nexus

CVPI4Ever said:
No, I cant take the radio with me.

I can write down the entire serial number tomorrow night and post it here

Well which county do you work for? I can pull it up on the database and most likely be able to tell you what you guys are using.

CVPI4Ever

nexus said:
Well which county do you work for? I can pull it up on the database and most likely be able to tell you what you guys are using.
You got a PM

Status
Not open for further replies.