Motorola XTS5000 Issues on Portland System

Jaryn

Premium Subscriber
Hi there,

I have a Motorola XTS5000 and it's having some issues on Portland's system. I have it properly configured for Non-affiliate scan, and I can tell its receiving transmissions, however I'm getting no audio.

I saw another thread from a couple years ago and it had no resolution.

I tried changing the SMARTZone Filter Constants, and no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I'm not in Portland but saw the XTS5000 title. Some of it when you see it switch to the talkgroup but missing audio, it's wrong bandplan, out of alignment, encrypted or TDMA transmissions, (although a later firmware version fixed the issue of the radio stopping on TDMA transmissions as is only FDMA phase 1)

Bowlieweekender

Encryption is Easy - Key Management is Hard
Premium Subscriber
Do you have the correct WACN and did you start from a fresh codeplug or did you modify an existing one?

Jaryn

Premium Subscriber
Do you have the correct WACN and did you start from a fresh codeplug or did you modify an existing one?
I modified an existing one, The WACN is correct.

I'm not in Portland but saw the XTS5000 title. Some of it when you see it switch to the talkgroup but missing audio, it's wrong bandplan, out of alignment, encrypted or TDMA transmissions, (although a later firmware version fixed the issue of the radio stopping on TDMA transmissions as is only FDMA phase 1)
I reconfigured the bandplan and it started working slightly better, however it still stops playing audio every couple of calls.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I modified an existing one, The WACN is correct.

I reconfigured the bandplan and it started working slightly better, however it still stops playing audio every couple of calls.
If you see the radio screen switch to the talkgroup but slightly better.....and some but not all audio its probably off frequency and the reference oscillator needs adjusting

Jaryn

Premium Subscriber
If you see the radio screen switch to the talkgroup but slightly better.....and some but not all audio its probably off frequency and the reference oscillator needs adjusting
Is there any easy way to do that or will I have to get it professionally serviced by a Motorola authorized technician?

radiotweester

Try setting trunking personality to Always either on the E or W simulcast. My filters are set top to bottom 9 8 8 14 1A 20 These seem to work well on Portland and TriMet
I've had good results with this bandplan
1665819031932.png