Motorola xts5000 police scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

pallen444

Saw a motorola xts5000 on craiglist for sale anyone interested all of sedgwick county butler Sumner harvey county receive only

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
Saw a motorola xts5000 on craiglist for sale anyone interested all of sedgwick county butler Sumner harvey county receive only

They would make great receivers for a TRS, but in order for them to work in that manner- even in a receive only mode- you would either have to hack the system key and device ID (very illegal) or get the system owner to give it to you for some official reason. I understand that some administrators have taken radios like this and set them up for receive only on certain talk groups for news media- but that is fairly rare.

Buyer beware.

shocker81

You are wrong! The Motorola XTS5000 is a police scanner. They have been modified to receive all of Sedgwick County, Butler County, Harvey County, Reno County fire and EMS and Sumner County S/O and KHP. I bought mine at the Derby Radio Shack for $400.00. It comes with a battery and a charger. I have had mine for over 2 years and I haven't had to replace my battery yet. There are no dropouts or miscommunications. It was the best $400.00 I ever spent on a scanner since my very first Regency 8 channel scanner back in 1970.

Status
Not open for further replies.