• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorolla cdm 1250 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kydoghunter

I have a cdm 1250 that only displays emergency in the screen when you turn it on. Im going to order the software and programming cable as soon as i can figure out if it is good or not. Just seeing if anyone can point me in the right direction on clearing the emergency to see if the radio is good or not.

Thanks

RKG

Two pins in the accessory connector have to shorted before power up or the radio goes into emergency mode. From memory can't tell you which pins. The accessory plugs in the plug kit usually have these pins shorted by default; suspect you've got a radio without the plug.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
You will have to contact whomever had the radio last and find out exactly how the accessory pins are programmed. The emergency function can be setup up on several different pins and in several different ways.

If possible, get the accessory plug that was on the radio. It should be wired to match the programming. Or at least find out how it was wired and programmed.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I think it's pin 7 & 9. Once you get it powered up, remove all the "emergency" stuff and you shouldn't need it anymore.

Do some searching over at the Batlabs forums, theres some good info over there.

Kydoghunter

I still cant get it to clear. It had a 12k resistor on one wire. Looks like the wires were cut off like they used to hook to something and were not just jumped together. If i buy the software and cable will i be able to reprogram this radio or should i give up? I was given this radio and 2 cm200's and 2 cm300's

Kydoghunter

Sorry one more thing the guy thinks the wires were on5 and 7 they were pulled out of the connector when i recieved the radio's.

Status
Not open for further replies.